Old 02-08-2010, 11:26 PM
David Relson

Default disk image question

Hello,

I'm working with PC/104 cards with vortex86 and vortex86sx SOCs. So far
the project has been using large 1GB DOM (disk-on-modules), but it's
now time to prepare for installation to 32MB and 128MB DOMs.

I've not done this kind of thing before, so have invented a scheme.
Hopefully it makes sense, but I thought I'd ask those of you with more
experience...

My current plan is to create 32MB and 128MB images (using a USB
flash drive) and put them on a bootable USB drive which will
allow the installlation procedure to use dd to program the embedded
DOMs. I'm planning on partitioning the DOM as 1/8 DOS (formatted msdos)
and 7/8 linux (formatted ext2), populating the partitions from my
workstation, using dd to preserve the images, then putting the two
images on the install flash drive.

Does this make sense? Is there a better way to create the 2
differently sized install images and package them for installation?

Thanks!

David