Old 02-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Francisco Ares

Default framebuffer hardware specs - where?

Hi

I'm planning on building a FPGA based gadget using it's Microblaze IP. And I would like to have a video output.

There comes the question: how do I implement a video output module so that it fits in the linux framebuffer specs, or how do I write a driver to be compatible of the existing framework?

Thank for any tip
Francisco
--
"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas." - George Bernard Shaw

Old 02-08-2010, 11:03 PM
Angelo Arrifano

On Dom, 2010-02-07 at 12:17 -0200, Francisco Ares wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm planning on building a FPGA based gadget using it's Microblaze IP.
> And I would like to have a video output.
>
> There comes the question: how do I implement a video output module so
> that it fits in the linux framebuffer specs, or how do I write a
> driver to be compatible of the existing framework?

See /usr/src/linux/drivers/video/* you have plenty of examples there.
Also look at /usr/src/linux/Documentation/fb/*

TLDP might also have useful documentation.

Regards,

> Thank for any tip
> Francisco
>
> --
> "If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then
> you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and
> I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have
> two ideas." - George Bernard Shaw
--
Angelo Arrifano AKA MiKNiX
Gentoo Embedded/OMAP850 Developer