Old 12-16-2009, 12:35 PM
Shinkan

Default How can I get libstdc++ ?

Hi everyone.

I emerge things on a target root to build a minimal filesystem.
When I tested it, some binaries complained about lack of libstdc++.so.6

So I ran 'equery belongs libstdc++.so.6' on my host. Which told me that I wanted to have 'sys-devel/gcc-4.3.4'.

The point is that I don't want gcc on my target filesystem.
Is there any other way to get libstdc++ by emerging something to my target ?
Would a simple copy from host to target lib/ be enough ?

Thanks in advance.

--
Pierre.
"Sometimes when I'm talking, my words can't keep up with my thoughts. I wonder why we think faster than we speak. Probably so we can think twice." - Bill Watterson

Old 12-16-2009, 12:45 PM
Ahmed Ammar

On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 14:35 +0100, Shinkan wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> I emerge things on a target root to build a minimal filesystem.
> When I tested it, some binaries complained about lack of libstdc
> ++.so.6
>
> So I ran 'equery belongs libstdc++.so.6' on my host. Which told me
> that I wanted to have 'sys-devel/gcc-4.3.4'.
> The point is that I don't want gcc on my target filesystem.
> Is there any other way to get libstdc++ by emerging something to my
> target ?
> Would a simple copy from host to target lib/ be enough ?

Not exactly, you need the cross-compiled gcc libs, they live in:
/usr/lib/gcc/${CTARGET}/4.3.4/

A.

Old 12-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Shinkan

Not exactly, you need the cross-compiled gcc libs, they live in:

* * * */usr/lib/gcc/${CTARGET}/4.3.4/

So to you, /usr/lib/gcc/${CTARGET}/<gcc-version>/* put to /target/lib/* (and maybe renamed) would be OK ?

Old 12-16-2009, 01:00 PM
Ahmed Ammar

On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 14:48 +0100, Shinkan wrote:

> 2009/12/16 Ahmed Ammar <b33fc0d3@gentoo.org>
>

> Not exactly, you need the cross-compiled gcc libs, they live
> in:
> /usr/lib/gcc/${CTARGET}/4.3.4/
>

> So to you, /usr/lib/gcc/${CTARGET}/<gcc-version>/* put
> to /target/lib/* (and maybe renamed) would be OK ?

Why rename? renaming would break linking.

A.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:10 PM
Shinkan

Old 12-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Shinkan

> * * * * Not exactly, you need the cross-compiled gcc libs, they live

> * * * * in:

> * * * * * * * */usr/lib/gcc/${CTARGET}/4.3.4/

> So to you, /usr/lib/gcc/${CTARGET}/<gcc-version>/* put

> to /target/lib/* (and maybe renamed) would be OK ?

Why rename? renaming would break linking.

I thought of copying /usr/lib/gcc/.../.../{wanted libs} to /target/lib/ directly
Example /usr/lib/gcc/.../.../libstdc++.so.6.0.10 would be copied to /target/lib/libstdc++.so.6

*

Old 12-16-2009, 01:18 PM
Peter Stuge

Shinkan wrote:
> Example /usr/lib/gcc/.../.../libstdc++.so.6.0.10 would be copied to
> /target/lib/libstdc++.so.6

It will work, but this becomes one more thing that you must keep
track of. At least you can keep the full version number and let
ldconfig create a symlink, as usual.

//Peter

Old 12-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Shinkan

2009/12/16 Peter Stuge <peter@stuge.se>

Shinkan wrote:

> Example /usr/lib/gcc/.../.../libstdc++.so.6.0.10 would be copied to

> /target/lib/libstdc++.so.6

It will work, but this becomes one more thing that you must keep

track of. At least you can keep the full version number and let

ldconfig create a symlink, as usual.

Thanks for your answer.
But as Peter says, that would be a error prone something to look closely.
It's sad there's no port with just the libs