-   -   Choose Crossdev destination SYSROOT. (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-embedded/289440-choose-crossdev-destination-sysroot.html)

Shinkan 12-02-2009 02:17 PM

Choose Crossdev destination SYSROOT.

Hi everyone.

I read from "Creating a Cross Compiler" (http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/handbook/index.xml?part=1&chap=4) that cross-compiling env is popped to /usr/$CTARGET

Is there any clean way of setting this to another directory like /mytargets/atarget/build_env/ ?

Then you.
--
Pierre.
"Sometimes when I'm talking, my words can't keep up with my thoughts. I wonder why we think faster than we speak. Probably so we can think twice." - Bill Watterson

Mike Frysinger 12-10-2009 02:32 AM

On Wednesday 02 December 2009 10:17:31 Shinkan wrote:
> I read from "Creating a Cross Compiler" (
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/handbook/index.xml?part=1&chap=
> 4) that cross-compiling env is popped to /usr/$CTARGET
> Is there any clean way of setting this to another directory like
> /mytargets/atarget/build_env/ ?

not really. the sysroot (/usr/CTARGET) is used throughout the toolchain
(binutils/gcc/glibc/etc...). you can emerge packages to a different ROOT=,
but it just gets painful to teach gcc to use that other ROOT as an additional
system path.
-mike