Old 03-22-2009, 04:09 AM
"Dennis.Yxun"

Default Make BeagleBoard breathe as Gentoo's way

Dear Community:
** Forgive me for cross post this into two communities, but I think both people may interest in this.
** Here I spent a few times to try to bring up gentoo with beagleboard hardware. My prime intention

was to leverage the gentoo's goodies, and prove it working under BB. The difficulty is far less than I expected.
*Adn The story is quite straight forward, generate the toolchain, build rootfs and run it ~
*Most of my patches are pull from OE's repository.

** And I borrow a lot from gentoo-openmoko poject. Must thank people from gentoo-openmoko
and gentoo-embedded, your great work make this porting quite esay.

** For people who want to try this, can always checkout overlay from git://github.com/esuie/gentoo-beagle.git

and follow the instructions in file BUILD.
** Note, it's just a proven working version, quite primary. em.. should say still in stage1, won't have many features
so don't expect too much :_P

Dennis