Old 03-14-2009, 11:57 PM
Previdi Roberto

Default error in the cross compilation wiki

Hi. I am trying to setup the cross compile environment following the guide from http://gentoo.mindzoo.de/index.cgi/wiki/cross-compiling
and i think i found a little error:

4. We also recommend to use the suggested overlay keywords and useflags of the overlay to avoid problems. This step is completely optional.

cd /etc/portage
ln -s $location/portage-flags-host/keywords package.keywords/openmoko-keywords

the second command cannot be done because package.keywords is a file, not a directory. So i think the correct way to go is

cat $location/portage-flags-host/keywords/* >> package.keywords

to write all the keywords in the file.
Please, correct me if i didn't get something..

Roby

Old 03-15-2009, 12:10 AM
"Maksim 'max_posedon' Melnikau"

Both variants (from wiki and your are correct)

It depends on what structure of /etc/portage you use (or how many stuff you have inside)

man portage says:

>/etc/portage/

>Any file in this directory that begins with "package." can be more than just a flat file. If it is a directory, then all the files in that directory ill be sorted in ascending alphabetical order by file name and summed together as if it were a single file.

Maksim

Old 03-15-2009, 01:22 AM
Previdi Roberto

ok thank you, i didn't know this. Is there a way for me to modify the
wiki to include this note? I think many unexperienced people will have
this problem..

roby

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 2:10 AM, Maksim 'max_posedon' Melnikau
<maxposedon@gmail.com> wrote:
> Both variants (from wiki and your are correct)
>
> It depends on what structure of /etc/portage you use (or how many stuff you
> have inside)
[...]

Old 03-15-2009, 04:02 AM
Mike Frysinger

On Saturday 14 March 2009 22:22:50 Previdi Roberto wrote:
> ok thank you, i didn't know this. Is there a way for me to modify the
> wiki to include this note? I think many unexperienced people will have
> this problem..

(1) do not top post
(2) that wiki isnt maintained by Gentoo people ... you'll have to contact the
guy who owns it
-mike

Old 03-15-2009, 07:34 PM
Nicola Mfb

2009/3/15 Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org>

On Saturday 14 March 2009 22:22:50 Previdi Roberto wrote:

> ok thank you, i didn't know this. Is there a way for me to modify the

> wiki to include this note? I think many unexperienced people will have
[...]

(2) that wiki isnt maintained by Gentoo people ... you'll have to contact the

guy who owns it

As in the tickets I found a lot of references to tasks regarding updates of wiki documentation I guess you may open a ticket as well.
May someone confirm this is the right way?

***** Nicola

Old 03-16-2009, 07:12 AM
Sven Rebhan

2009/3/15 Nicola Mfb <nicola.mfb@gmail.com>:
> May someone confirm this is the right way?

Yes, this is the intended way. However, the problem discussed here is
general to gentoo and probably should not reside in our wiki.

Best regards,

Sven