Old 03-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Christopher Friedt

Default OpenMoko sys-kernel/openmoko-sources ?

It's nice to see a lot more OpenMoko / FreeRunner related messages
showing up on this list.

In that vain, and I know that there was some hesitation to do this at
the beginning of the OpenMoko kernel branch, but ...

maybe we should create a separate build for
sys-kernel/openmoko-sources the kernel / git eclasses. It probably
won't be necessary to keep any separate patches in the portage tree,
everything would be fetchable from git, so the addition would be
fairly easy to include in the Portage tree.

Has someone already done this?

Until all of the changes make it back upstream, including it in the
Portage tree would just simplify building it for non-openembedded
users. Recently there has been a lot of talk on openmoko-devel about
separating PCI from the DRM, which requires some modification at the
kernel layer, aside from several modifications to Xorg. That being
said, there is a lot more development happening in andy-tracking these
days.