Old 03-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Alon Bar-Lev

Default Openmoko - Almost there...

Hello,

Almost there... Working, I have enlightenment running.

But it looks like the ophonekitd always abending... Something related to
dbus.

Also the openmoko-* lacks icons... Is this expected?

I copied frameworkd.conf from SHR distribution.

Whenever I try to turn on GSM, I am being asking for PIN and then
the ophonekitd abends.

Attached is modification I had to do in overlay in order to make it
work, I had to add recent packages of target to host, also
had to add many use flags to evas so enlightenment work, we
should consider USE dependency there.

Anyway, can anyone help me making the phone stabe? Is there
anything out of the overlay needed to be installed?

Thanks!
Alon.

Old 03-04-2009, 05:45 AM
Sven Rebhan

2009/3/3 Alon Bar-Lev <alon.barlev@gmail.com>:
> Attached is modification I had to do in overlay in order to make it
> work, I had to add recent packages of target to host, also
> had to add many use flags to evas so enlightenment work, we
> should consider USE dependency there.

Hello Alon and thanks for the work you put into this!

Here are some remarks:

1. Please change your host overlay pointer to openmoko-target. We
decided on the list that we don't want to maintain the E duplicates in
the host part. Everything that is in host is now also in target, so
you could switch easily. We changed the docu at
http://gentoo.mindzoo.de/index.cgi/wiki/cross-compiling

2. After this you can delete the ebuilds you added in the host part.

3. Please open a ticket for each ebuild you changed an attach a patch
against the portage tree version to the ticket. Goto
http://gentoo.mindzoo.de/index.cgi/wiki
register and the add new tickets. I (and probably others) would love
to review them and push them to the overlay. This is quite hard for
the one big patch you sent.

> Anyway, can anyone help me making the phone stabe? Is there
> anything out of the overlay needed to be installed?

Most packages in the overlay are for cross-compile fixes. I can't help
right now with your phone GUI problems, but please also file a bug and
join IRC for help.

Thank you very much for your effort!

Sven

Old 03-04-2009, 06:44 AM
Christoph Spielmann

Hi!

As the shr-related stuff was done by me, i think i can comment on some things you mentioned!

Almost there... Working, I have enlightenment running.

But it looks like the ophonekitd always abending... Something related to

dbus.
Sorry but in order to help you solve this problem i need more info. How do you start ophonekitd? What version of frameworkd are you using? Is frameworkd running? Is dbus running?* And I need the exact output you get from ophonekitd of course! Another thing you could try: What happens if you disable pin? In my case i had problems with pin enabled but as soon as i removed pin-lock everything worked like a charm. I know this is not a solution for the problem but maybe your problem is connected to this

*

Also the openmoko-* lacks icons... Is this expected?
At the moment... yes. Some shr programs come with their own icons (pyphonelog e.g.) but most programs don't include icons. There is some kind of "icon theme" in shr-git but i don't have time to work on that at the moment as i'm busy finishing my diploma/master thesis. When i finally hand it in, i'll have time for openmoko stuff again and I'll look into it.

*

I copied frameworkd.conf from SHR distribution.

Whenever I try to turn on GSM, I am being asking for PIN and then

the ophonekitd abends.

Attached is modification I had to do in overlay in order to make it

work, I had to add recent packages of target to host, also

had to add many use flags to evas so enlightenment work, we

should consider USE dependency there.

Anyway, can anyone help me making the phone stabe? Is there

anything out of the overlay needed to be installed?

Thanks!

Alon.
Well good luck!

Christoph

Old 03-04-2009, 06:54 PM
Alon Bar-Lev

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 9:44 AM, Christoph Spielmann <spielc@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry but in order to help you solve this problem i need more info. How do
> you start ophonekitd? What version of frameworkd are you using? Is
> frameworkd running? Is dbus running?* And I need the exact output you get
> from ophonekitd of course! Another thing you could try: What happens if you
> disable pin? In my case i had problems with pin enabled but as soon as i
> removed pin-lock everything worked like a charm. I know this is not a
> solution for the problem but maybe your problem is connected to this

Sure...
1. I think dbus needs to start this, right? Anyway, I start it via the
settings/GSM
menu. Is there a better way?
2. dbus is running.
3. versions:
frameworkd-phonegui-20090127
frameworkd-phonegui-efl-20090127
freesmartphone-framework-0.4
gsm0710muxd-0.9.2.2
libframeworkd-glib-20090125
openmoko-contacts3-20090125
openmoko-dialer3-20090125
openmoko-messages3-20090125
ophonekitd-20090127
pyphonelog-20090214
shr-settings-20090214

4. Output of stdout:
---
from pythonwifi.iwlibs import Wireless, getNICnames import error - not present
displayModulesWin 1
displayModulesWin 2
GSM view [info] can't connect to dbus
Unknown HZ value! (93) Assume 100.
SimMstateContener can connect to dbus
3
sim dbus1
4
5
module <class 'shr_settings_modules.shr_sim.Sim'> can't be loaded!
displayModulesWin 3
---
5. ophonekitd.log
---
** (process:1894): DEBUG: Entering ecore loop
** (process:1894): DEBUG: Phonegui initiated
** (process:1894): DEBUG: Phonelog database initiated
** (process:1894): DEBUG: Entering glib main loop
** (process:1894): DEBUG: /org/shr/ophonekitd/Usage
** (process:1894): DEBUG: Trying to get the system bus
** (process:1894): DEBUG: Adding signals.
** (process:1894): DEBUG: Added sim AuthStatus.
** (process:1894): DEBUG: Added sim IncomingStoredMessage.
** (process:1894): DEBUG: Added call CallStatus.
** (process:1894): DEBUG: Added device Idle Notifier State.
** (process:1894): DEBUG: Added network IncomingUssd.
** (process:1894): DEBUG: Connected to the buses
** (process:1894): DEBUG: list_resources()
** (process:1894): DEBUG: list_resources_callback()
** (process:1894): DEBUG: Resource Bluetooth available
** (process:1894): DEBUG: Resource GSM available
** (process:1894): DEBUG: Request GSM resource
** (process:1894): DEBUG: Initiated elementary
** (process:1894): DEBUG: Initiated etk
** (process:1894): DEBUG: idle notifier state handler called, id 1
** (process:1894): DEBUG: idle notifier state handler called, id 2
** (process:1894): DEBUG: request_resource_callback()
** (process:1894): DEBUG: dbus not available, try again in 5s
** (process:1894): DEBUG: list_resources()
** (process:1894): DEBUG: list_resources_callback()
** (process:1894): DEBUG: Resource Bluetooth available
** (process:1894): DEBUG: Resource GSM available
** (process:1894): DEBUG: Request GSM resource
** (process:1894): DEBUG: request_resource_callback()
** (process:1894): DEBUG: request resource error, try again in 5s

** ERROR **: error: TODO org.freesmartphone.Usage.UserExists
org.freesmartphone.Usage -6
aborting...
---
6. If I disable PIN it behaves the same.

There is not much documentation for shr (or I could not find ones), does
anyone know a good resource?

Thank you for your help!
Alon.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Christoph Spielmann

Hi!

Alon Bar-Lev wrote:

Sorry but in order to help you solve this problem i need more info. How do
you start ophonekitd? What version of frameworkd are you using? Is
frameworkd running? Is dbus running?* And I need the exact output you get
from ophonekitd of course! Another thing you could try: What happens if you
disable pin? In my case i had problems with pin enabled but as soon as i
removed pin-lock everything worked like a charm. I know this is not a
solution for the problem but maybe your problem is connected to this

Sure...
1. I think dbus needs to start this, right? Anyway, I start it via the
settings/GSM

Nope dbus starts gsm0710muxd (or should start). Ophonekitd has to be
started with a script. Or manually by calling ophonekitd.
freesmartphone-framework has to be started with the provided
init-script. And if you have the correct settings GSM-subsystem should
be started automatically. Could you send me the log of frameworkd too
please?

menu. Is there a better way?
2. dbus is running.
3. versions:
frameworkd-phonegui-20090127
frameworkd-phonegui-efl-20090127
freesmartphone-framework-0.4
gsm0710muxd-0.9.2.2
libframeworkd-glib-20090125
openmoko-contacts3-20090125
openmoko-dialer3-20090125
openmoko-messages3-20090125
ophonekitd-20090127
pyphonelog-20090214
shr-settings-20090214

Looks okey

4. Output of stdout:
---
[...]

I think i've seen that one before but i can't remember what the problem
was and how it can be fixed.

can you try the following (with pin disabled):

1. remove frameworkd and everything else connected to openmoko-specific
stuff (gsm0710muxd, gpsd or fso-gpsd) from default runlevel (if you've
added it)

2. install mdbus (http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/OpenmokoFramework/mdbus)

2. reboot

3. log in again and check if gsm0710muxd is running

4. start frameworkd (you might have to wait a lil, because frameworkd
takes a bit to start up)

5. execute the following commands and post the output:

mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.frameworkd /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device
org.freesmartphone.GSM.Device.GetInfo

mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.frameworkd /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device
org.freesmartphone.GSM.SIM.GetSimInfo

There is not much documentation for shr (or I could not find ones), does
anyone know a good resource?

I'm afraid there is no such thing as good documentation about shr... I
made things work by using trial and error, reading mailing list
archives and look through the tickets. In my case most things work now
(phone, sms, suspend and resume...) Things i know that are not working
are pyphonelog which just displays garbage here and shr-settings is umm
very picky about what does and what doesn't work.

I hope i could enlighten you a lil!

Christoph

Thank you for your help!
Alon.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:08 PM
Ned Ludd

On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 00:49 +0200, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Almost there... Working, I have enlightenment running.
>
> But it looks like the ophonekitd always abending... Something related to
> dbus.
>
> Also the openmoko-* lacks icons... Is this expected?
>
> I copied frameworkd.conf from SHR distribution.
>
> Whenever I try to turn on GSM, I am being asking for PIN and then
> the ophonekitd abends.
>
> Attached is modification I had to do in overlay in order to make it
> work, I had to add recent packages of target to host, also
> had to add many use flags to evas so enlightenment work, we
> should consider USE dependency there.
>
> Anyway, can anyone help me making the phone stabe? Is there
> anything out of the overlay needed to be installed?

Open request to all you openmoko people. Please start submitting ebuilds
to the tree/bugzilla vs carrying them in these overlays forever,
especially cross-compile fixes for existing ebuilds.

Thanks in advance.

--
Ned Ludd <solar@gentoo.org>
Gentoo Linux

Old 03-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Alon Bar-Lev

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 10:57 PM, Christoph Spielmann <spielc@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sure...
> 1. I think dbus needs to start this, right? Anyway, I start it via the
> settings/GSM
>
> Nope dbus starts gsm0710muxd (or should start). Ophonekitd has to be started
> with a script. Or manually by calling ophonekitd. freesmartphone-framework
> has to be started with the provided init-script. And if you have the correct
> settings GSM-subsystem should be started automatically. Could you send me
> the log of frameworkd too please?

Attached.

> I think i've seen that one before but i can't remember what the problem was
> and how it can be fixed.

Hmmm....

> can you try the following (with pin disabled):
>
> 1. remove frameworkd and everything else connected to openmoko-specific
> stuff (gsm0710muxd, gpsd or fso-gpsd) from default runlevel (if you've added
> it)
> 2. install mdbus (http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/OpenmokoFramework/mdbus)
> 2. reboot
> 3. log in again and check if gsm0710muxd is running

Not running. What should run it other than the init.d script?

> 4. start frameworkd (you might have to wait a lil, because frameworkd takes
> a bit to start up)

OK.

> 5. execute the following commands and post the output:
>
> mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.frameworkd /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device
> org.freesmartphone.GSM.Device.GetInfo
> mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.frameworkd /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device
> org.freesmartphone.GSM.SIM.GetSimInfo

# mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.frameworkd
/org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device org.freesmartphone.GSM.Device.GetInfo
/org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device: GetInfo failed:
org.freesmartphone.Resource.NotEnabled
# mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.frameworkd
/org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device org.freesmartphone.GSM.SIM.GetSimInfo
/org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device: GetSimInfo failed:
org.freesmartphone.Resource.NotEnabled

Even if i start gsm0710muxd it stays this way, also if I power_on the device.

> There is not much documentation for shr (or I could not find ones), does
> anyone know a good resource?
>

> I'm afraid there is no such thing as good documentation about shr... I made
> things work by using trial and error, reading mailing list archives and look
> through the tickets. In my case most things work now (phone, sms, suspend
> and resume...) Things i know that are not working are pyphonelog which just
> displays garbage here and shr-settings is umm very picky about what does and
> what doesn't work.

Thanks for your help!!!
What are me other alternatives? If SHR does not work, is there any other
solution I can use, maybe something simpler? zhone does not work either,
guess it needs ophonekitd too.

Thanks!
Alon.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:11 PM
Christoph Spielmann

Hi!

Alon Bar-Lev wrote:

[...]

You shouldn't start it with the initscript. dbus should start
gsm0710muxd automatically. If it's not started automatically something
is wrong.

[...]

That's the problem. Again gsm0710mux should get started automatically.
If it's not started automatically by dbus you can do what you want and
you won't get it to work. Believe me i had the same problem. Do you
have the following file installed:
/usr/armv4tl-softfloat-linux-gnueabi/usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.pyneo.muxer.service?
Usually this file should get installed by gsm0710muxd. I "solved" the
problem by completely removing ALL python-packages (including python
itself), deleting
/usr/armv4tl-softfloat-linux-gnueabi/usr/lib/python2.5 and reinstall
everything. After this procedure everything was working as expected.

There is not much documentation for shr (or I could not find ones), does
anyone know a good resource?

I'm afraid there is no such thing as good documentation about shr... I made
things work by using trial and error, reading mailing list archives and look
through the tickets. In my case most things work now (phone, sms, suspend
and resume...) Things i know that are not working are pyphonelog which just
displays garbage here and shr-settings is umm very picky about what does and
what doesn't work.

Thanks for your help!!!
What are me other alternatives? If SHR does not work, is there any other
solution I can use, maybe something simpler? zhone does not work either,
guess it needs ophonekitd too.

Nope zhone needs just freesmartphone-framework and as that's not
working correctly zhone can't work. There are other alternatives (e.g.
the stuff provided by hackable:1 sounds interesting) but we concentrate
on freesmartphone-framework at the moment but feel free to try other
stuff. I guess nobody would complain about having alternatives.

Thanks!

No problem. After all we are one big gentoo-family, aren't we

Christoph

Alon.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:37 PM
Alon Bar-Lev

Update:

After a lot of work and updating all packages (FSO, SHR) to head i can
finally make a phone call!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank for everyone help!

There are quite large modification and new packages I added to the
tree, and opened some
bugs in gentoo bugzilla.

It also works as a regular user... Running the whole graphic
application under root was really
annoying at all distributions.

I can help you to maintain the tree, I am a former gentoo developer
(alonbl@gentoo.org), so
I can help maintaining the tree.

Issues:
1. I had to touch /etc/freesmartphone/ogsmd/networks.tab in order to
make ophonekitd
start.
2. ophonekitd does not start at the first time, but if I start it manuall using:
DISPLAY=:0 ophonekitd
It works.
3. Sound works when I don't use the speaker, if I turn on speaker in
the dailer, no mic and sound.
4. There are few numbers I cannot call, for example my voice mail
number is not working.

Continuing to investigate...

Questions:
1. How do you start the X automatically? Do you use xdm or your own
version which calls startx?
2. Have anyone solved the gnome application's font issue? It looks
like tangogps and phonelog
share common font issue.
3. Where do you redirect the log of the X server? Looks like there is
no control where the
ophonekitd and e write the log, so a tweek is needed to support log rotation.
4. What about neod, is it useful?

Thanks,
Alon.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:44 PM
Ned Ludd

On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 21:37 +0200, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
> Update:
>
> After a lot of work and updating all packages (FSO, SHR) to head i can
> finally make a phone call!!!!!!!!!!!
> Thank for everyone help!
>
> There are quite large modification and new packages I added to the
> tree, and opened some
> bugs in gentoo bugzilla.

[snip]

> I can help you to maintain the tree, I am a former gentoo developer
> (alonbl@gentoo.org), so
> I can help maintaining the tree.

Thank you very much..
Can you also CC: embedded@ on the OM bugs. TIA.