-   -   Beagle, again. (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-embedded/251367-beagle-again.html)

wireless 02-24-2009 06:04 AM

Beagle, again.

Dave N6NZ wrote:
> A quick search of the archives shows that a few weeks ago there was a
> question about the state of the tool chain w.r.t. being ready for the TI
> Beagle Board, but no definitive answer. I couldn't find any more recent
> information. Is the current ARM Cortex support sufficient? Or is
> embedded Gentoo not ready to be played with on a Beagle?

Here a pretty cool looking Arm Cortex dev kit, which
run Ubuntu:

James

Dave N6NZ 02-24-2009 04:02 PM

Beagle, again.

Ned Ludd wrote:
<snip>
>> Or is

embedded Gentoo not ready to be played with on a Beagle?

Quoting:
> If so, are the cortex-8 (aka NEON) kernel / toolchain patches yet
> incorporated into the portage tree? The C64x DSP ?

Thanks,
Dave

I have cross compiled 621 packages for the beagle
http://tinderbox.dev.gentoo.org/embedded/beagle/Packages
cd .. ; for the binary pkgs if you want those.

It all works fine using the following toolchain combo and
"sys-devel/crossdev-wrappers".

cross-armv7a-softfloat-linux-gnueabi/binutils-2.18-r4
cross-armv7a-softfloat-linux-gnueabi/gcc-4.3.2
cross-armv7a-softfloat-linux-gnueabi/glibc-2.8_p20080602
cross-armv7a-softfloat-linux-gnueabi/linux-headers-2.6.27-r2

<snip>

Thanks! I'll check that out. I notice "softfloat"... so does that mean
there is no support yet for the hardware floating point?

-dave