Old 02-12-2009, 10:43 PM
Jakub Ladman

Default /sbin/runscript

Hello

I am building a minimal system to run some services and my libsdl based
application.
Everything must fit into 16MB of flash memory.

I have used xmerge helper script to emerge busybox, baselayout, libsdl,
sdl-image, dropbear ...

I am trying to set up networking by /etc/init.d/net.eth0 as on normal gentoo,
but the initscripts seems to does nothing, even not any error message
appears.
I think that it is because /sbin/runscript does nothing, but i do not
understand it too much.

Busybox applets, dropbear server and my SDL application works good.

My system uses ARM9 cpu.

What need I to do?
What should i write to You to give You a propper information about the
problem?

Thank you

Jakub Ladman

Old 02-12-2009, 11:31 PM
Ned Ludd

On Fri, 2009-02-13 at 00:43 +0100, Jakub Ladman wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am building a minimal system to run some services and my libsdl based
> application.
> Everything must fit into 16MB of flash memory.
>
> I have used xmerge helper script to emerge busybox, baselayout, libsdl,
> sdl-image, dropbear ...
>
> I am trying to set up networking by /etc/init.d/net.eth0 as on normal gentoo,
> but the initscripts seems to does nothing, even not any error message
> appears.
> I think that it is because /sbin/runscript does nothing, but i do not
> understand it too much.
>
> Busybox applets, dropbear server and my SDL application works good.
>
> My system uses ARM9 cpu.
>
> What need I to do?
> What should i write to You to give You a propper information about the
> problem?
>
> Thank you
>
> Jakub Ladman

baselayout-1 /sbin/runscript depends on bash.

If I was limited to 16M FS. I would dump baselayout all together and use
the classic busybox rcS method myself.

--
Ned Ludd <solar@gentoo.org>
Gentoo Linux

Old 02-13-2009, 06:05 AM
Natanael Copa

On Fri, 2009-02-13 at 00:43 +0100, Jakub Ladman wrote:
> Hello
>
> I am building a minimal system to run some services and my libsdl based
> application.
> Everything must fit into 16MB of flash memory.

I have a set of init.d script + a gentoo compatible runscript for my
alpine linux distro. The alpine-baselayout will uses busybox init to
fire up gentoo style init.d scripts.

http://dev.alpinelinux.org/cgit/alpine-baselayout/?h=v1.x

It uses /etc/network/interfaces and busybox ifup/ifdown though.

PS. alpine will probably switch to openrc in near future so use the v1.x
branch if you want keep it small.

-nc

Old 02-15-2009, 08:23 AM
Jakub Ladman

Dne Sunday 15 of February 2009 07:26:42 Abdolmohaimen Siddig napsal(a):
> if you do not have net-tool merged to your system try to link busybox to
> /sbin/ifconfig

It is allready done and is not a part of problem.

JL