Old 02-05-2009, 09:09 PM
Francisco Ares

Default gcc and memory models

Sorry for this off-topic question

Can anyone point me so any resource on how do I tell gcc which RAM I
want to use in a microcontroller that has its own internal few kbytes
of RAM, but to which I've connected an external chip?

I know this is possible, because it is a sample architecture from the
microcontroller manufacturer datasheet, but I got no source code along
with this example.

thanks a lot
Francisco

--
"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then
you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and

Old 02-07-2009, 11:10 AM
Mike Frysinger

On Thursday 05 February 2009 17:09:21 Francisco Ares wrote:
> Can anyone point me so any resource on how do I tell gcc which RAM I
> want to use in a microcontroller that has its own internal few kbytes
> of RAM, but to which I've connected an external chip?

void *some_weird_ram = 0x1235235;
-mike