Old 01-20-2009, 03:37 PM
Jakub Ladman

Default how to get arm-elf-gcc-3.4.3

Hello,

I need for some project, based and only supported on gcc-3.4.3, this version
of arm-elf compiler toolchain.

The author provided binary toolchain, but it is absolutely incompatible with
gentoo directory structure.
I think i may run it in chroot environment, but then i will not be able to use
it from my gui-ide (i use eclipse).

I made lot of attempts with crossdev to build this toolchain, but i can't
catch the versions combination, whith which i can succeed.

I have functional crossdev originated toolchains with gcc 4.1.2 and 4.2.4, but
the projects linkerscripts seems to be uncompatible with any of these.
Or some differencies with memory alignment or so.

Please can somebody help me?
Thank you

Jakub Ladman

Old 01-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Jakub Ladman

Now i have 3.4.6-r2 and seems to work ok.
Everything what i must do was:
ln -s /usr/arm-elf /usr/arm-elf/usr

I hope, my 4.1.2 and 4.2.4 compilers will not stop working.

JL