-   -   Artigo (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-embedded/209555-artigo.html)

"Ajai Khattri" 12-10-2008 04:54 PM

Artigo

The perfect device for building a Gentoo-based NAS device?

http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/embedded/artigo/a2000/

--
Aj.

Christopher Friedt 03-08-2009 03:13 PM

Artigo

It's good that the Artigo is pre-wrapped up in a nice enclosure, but
there are a few slightly more impressive fanless devices from MSI that
tote dual-core intel atom 330 chips.

http://www.logicsupply.com/products/ms_9832

Personally, I would like to get my hands on one of the dual-core atom
machines just to have a couple of extra threads available for
compiling binary packages. It could easily play a second role as an
HTPC, if one were to drop a PCI TV tuner card inside. Although with
the change to HDTV, I'm not really sure where PCI TV tuner cards will
be in a year or two.

On the other hand, I tend to root for the underdog, and hopefully
we'll see some competition for the Atom-330 when VIA starts shipping
its dual-core Isaiah chips. I'm very tempted to wait until the Nvidia
Ion platform is being fabricated, paired with the Via Nano. If I could
buy a dual-core Via Nano chip and the GeForce 9400M on the same board,
all bets would be off. Although it is wishful thinking, it might not
be unrealistic according to [1].

[1] http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/20/nivida-ion-platform-to-support-via-nano-processors-this-year/