Old 09-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Jan Klod

Default seting up Alpine on VIA C7?

Hi!
I was told, it's possible to find competent people here. The question is about
what it takes to set up Alpine on C7-based board?
* does downloadable Alpine image run on C7?
* is it as easy to compile my own kernel for it, as to install gcc and do the
kernel conf. && compile thing?

Old 09-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Natanael Copa

On Sun, 2008-09-07 at 00:15 +0300, Jan Klod wrote:
> Hi!

hi,
sorry for late reply. had long weekend.

> I was told, it's possible to find competent people here. The question is about
> what it takes to set up Alpine on C7-based board?
> * does downloadable Alpine image run on C7?

Yes it works very well, specially good for ipsec. (someone benchmarked
al

> * is it as easy to compile my own kernel for it, as to install gcc and do the
> kernel conf. && compile thing?

Not really. Since it built using gentoo you'll need a gentoo chroot with
the entire portage tree + my alpine overlay + some build scripts.
Easiest would be to get the stuff you need into upstream. (either
alpine, gentoo or linux)

Please join alpine-devel[1] list.
http://wiki.alpinelinux.org/w/index.php?title=Mailing_lists#Alpine-Devel

-nc