Old 09-05-2008, 01:30 PM
Christopher Friedt

Default beagleboard users?

Hi again,

(with yet another new platform question)

Is there anyone out there using the beagleboard?

http://www.beagleboard.org

If so, are the cortex-8 (aka NEON) kernel / toolchain patches yet
incorporated into the portage tree? The C64x DSP ?

Cheers,

Chris

Old 09-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Peter Stuge

Christopher Friedt wrote:
> If so, are the cortex-8 (aka NEON) kernel / toolchain patches yet
> incorporated into the portage tree?

I'm interested also in Cortex-1. Maybe it's too puny to run Linux?

//Peter

Old 09-05-2008, 04:45 PM
Ned Ludd

On Fri, 2008-09-05 at 09:30 -0400, Christopher Friedt wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> (with yet another new platform question)
>
> Is there anyone out there using the beagleboard?
>
> http://www.beagleboard.org

For those of you interested in the beagleboard I'd suggest checking out
#edev / elinux.org wiki. Note they were only available for a short
period of time via digikey. All the boards sold out in 2-4 days flat
(think 400 units)

I had the chance to see one while I was at LWE. I must admit. For the
price it's a really nice board. If you want an embedded desktop alike
device.

Please submit patches for areas that we might need to support in
relation to that board when you get one.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:17 PM
wireless

Ned Ludd wrote:

(with yet another new platform question)

Is there anyone out there using the beagleboard?

http://www.beagleboard.org

For those of you interested in the beagleboard I'd suggest checking out
#edev / elinux.org wiki. Note they were only available for a short
period of time via digikey. All the boards sold out in 2-4 days flat
(think 400 units)

Hello Ned et. al.

It seems the boards are available again:

http://www.dev-monkey.com/blogs/jon_titus.php?mid=338&lp_id=72&nid=4277&rid=498614 042

fresh off the EDN press.

James

Old 09-11-2008, 04:13 PM
wireless

wireless wrote:

http://www.beagleboard.org

It seems the boards are available again:

http://www.dev-monkey.com/blogs/jon_titus.php?mid=338&lp_id=72&nid=4277&rid=498614 042

Yep Beagle boards (25) in stock: but they'll go quickly!

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail?name=296-23428-ND

TI rocks!

hth,
James

Old 09-11-2008, 06:16 PM
Christopher Friedt

I would highly recommend that you order a USB Mini-A cable from DigiKey
along with your BeagleBoard. The BeagleBoard does not ship with any
power or connectivity cables of any kind.

Without a USB Mini-A or JTAG debugger+cable, all that can be done with
the board is to power it on (assuming that you have an extra 5V adapter
or a USB Std A -> Mini B).

Finding a USB Mini A cable is practically impossible these days because
it's officially been retired by the USB consortium. It's primarily TI
that uses these cables for their calculators. I haven't found a single
walk-in surplus store that carries a Mini-A cable, so getting it from
DigiKey is probably your best bet.

Incidentally, the FlySwatter JTAG debugger from Tin Can tools has
already been proven to work with the BeagleBoard - their adapter kit is
sold out, but the pinouts are free online for DIYers.

Cheers,

Chris

Old 09-11-2008, 07:02 PM
David Ford

Christopher Friedt wrote:
> [...]
> Incidentally, the FlySwatter JTAG debugger from Tin Can tools has
> already been proven to work with the BeagleBoard - their adapter kit
> is sold out, but the pinouts are free online for DIYers.

If you want one, they're currently showing 50 in stock. But wait until
my order goes through ;-)

http://www.tincantools.com/product.php?productid=16134&cat=251&page=1

-david

Old 09-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Christopher Friedt

Hi David,

David Ford wrote:

If you want one, they're currently showing 50 in stock. But wait until
my order goes through ;-)

This actually the link for the product I was talking about (the
beagleboard adapter kit as opposed to the actual flyswatter board).

http://www.tincantools.com/product.php?productid=16144

And you must have bought all of them, because they're still sold out!

The schematics are there for the flyswatter, and it really is just a
matter of swapping a couple of pins to have a beagleboard-compatible
debugger. In spite of that, I would probably still buy one just to save
myself some time.

Cheers,

Chris