Old 08-20-2008, 01:59 PM
wireless

Default Gnap

hello everyone,

What is the status of the recent efforts to update GNAP
via the 'summer of code' efforts?

http://code.google.com/soc/2008/gentoo/appinfo.html?csaid=E5B8B348752D9FB4

http://www.nabble.com/-RFC--Summer-of-Code-Proposal:-GNAP-Love-td16303603.html

http://afalko.homelinux.net/

I'm just curious.

James

Old 08-25-2008, 09:38 AM
JoseAlberto

Hi

we are working on it. You can see the progress in
http://code.google.com/p/gnap-dev/

Old 08-25-2008, 11:52 AM
wireless

JoseAlberto wrote:

Hi

we are working on it. You can see the progress in
http://code.google.com/p/gnap-dev/

Excellent!

I've always been a big fan of the whole GNAP concept and
offering. I think it is a fantastic project for folks
to reuse old hardware, and as a teaching tool
for those of a more inquisitive nature.

I can hardly wait to test-drive the results of your efforts,
and spread the word to many folks and kids that have
old hardware and nothing interesting to use it for.

sincerely,
James

Old 08-25-2008, 12:15 PM
Matthijs Kooijman

Hi,

> we are working on it. You can see the progress in
> http://code.google.com/p/gnap-dev/
Not to be a nag, but if I read the roadmap and planning on there correctly,
the final deadline for a release was last week. I can't find anything about
this on the wiki/project home.

Also, I can't find any actual documentation on how to get started, or is the
user guide [1] (linked from the gentoo project page [2]) still/again up-to-date?

Gr.

Matthijs

[1]: http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/gnap-userguide.xml
[2]: http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/gnap.xml

Old 08-26-2008, 09:06 AM
JoseAlberto

El lun, 25-08-2008 a las 14:15 +0200, Matthijs Kooijman escribió:
> Hi,
>
> > we are working on it. You can see the progress in
> > http://code.google.com/p/gnap-dev/
> Not to be a nag, but if I read the roadmap and planning on there correctly,
> the final deadline for a release was last week. I can't find anything about
> this on the wiki/project home.

you are right, our GSoC student is a bit late.

> Also, I can't find any actual documentation on how to get started, or is the
> user guide [1] (linked from the gentoo project page [2]) still/again up-to-date?

The actual doc is yet valid

Old 08-26-2008, 09:06 AM
JoseAlberto

If you want to help, you are welcome

Old 08-26-2008, 03:16 PM
wireless

JoseAlberto wrote:

If you want to help, you are welcome

Jose,

Well, as a sporadic consultant, that is currently working
more that 40 hours per week, kids, coaching, fixer-upper
house and a nagging wife (living the good life), I'm a
bit taxed at the moment. However, as soon as my work
load slows a bit I actually would like to get involved.

I was thinking of working with the basic (new) rendition of
GNAP and writing some 'cookbooks' for neat projects with
detailed steps for folks to follow. Being old and worn out, I'm
definitely not as sharp as some of the younger talent amongst the
gentoo crowd.

So I'll drop you a line, when I get some extra (cpu) cycles...
hopefully in the next few weeks.

James

Old 08-27-2008, 06:09 AM
JoseAlberto