FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-06-2007, 04:02 PM
Ned Ludd
 
Default crossdev

On Thu, 2007-12-06 at 17:51 +0100, Jakub Ladman wrote:
> Hi
> Crossdev does not work for me to make arm crosscompiler.
> I have arm9 based Cirrus Logic EP9307 CPU, tell me please how to determine the
> right target name and gcc, libc, binutils and headers versions to get working
> toolchain.
> I am trying it for about four weeks with no succes. I do not know if it is a
> bug in crossdev or i am completely stupid.

4 weeks? yikes.. this this..
https://bugs.gentoo.org assign it to toolchain@gentoo.org with the exact
errors you are hitting.



--
gentoo-embedded@gentoo.org mailing list
 
Old 12-07-2007, 08:48 AM
Jakub Ladman
 
Default crossdev

Dne Thursday 06 of December 2007 18:02:54 Ned Ludd napsal(a):
> On Thu, 2007-12-06 at 17:51 +0100, Jakub Ladman wrote:
> > Hi
> > Crossdev does not work for me to make arm crosscompiler.
> > I have arm9 based Cirrus Logic EP9307 CPU, tell me please how to
> > determine the right target name and gcc, libc, binutils and headers
> > versions to get working toolchain.
> > I am trying it for about four weeks with no succes. I do not know if it
> > is a bug in crossdev or i am completely stupid.
>
> 4 weeks? yikes.. this this..
> https://bugs.gentoo.org assign it to toolchain@gentoo.org with the exact
> errors you are hitting.

Not every hour of every day of 4 weeks, but many many times, i must do
something else too.
Before i post the bug i would like to try some others commandline with exact
target and exact versions of all thre stages, to be sure that it is really
bug.

Jakub Ladman
--
gentoo-embedded@gentoo.org mailing list
 
Old 12-24-2007, 08:18 PM
Mike Frysinger
 
Default crossdev

On Thursday 06 December 2007, Jakub Ladman wrote:
> Crossdev does not work for me to make arm crosscompiler.
> I have arm9 based Cirrus Logic EP9307 CPU, tell me please how to determine
> the right target name

http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/handbook/?part=1&chap=3

> and gcc, libc, binutils and headers versions to get
> working toolchain.

there is no such list. the requirements are determined by combining your
needs with whatever works.
-mike
 
Old 03-05-2010, 10:20 AM
billium
 
Default crossdev

Has anything changed in crossdev as my tuple no longer works.

crossdev -s3 -t arm-none-eabi or

crossdev -s3 -t arm-elf-eabi or

The error is:

"Unknown arch used in --with-arch=arm"


I am on ~x86-64

The target is Luminary or ST cortex m3

Many thanks

Billy
 
Old 03-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Angelo Arrifano
 
Default crossdev

On Sex, 2010-03-05 at 11:20 +0000, billium wrote:
> Has anything changed in crossdev as my tuple no longer works.
>
> crossdev -s3 -t arm-none-eabi or
>
> crossdev -s3 -t arm-elf-eabi or
>
> The error is:
>
> "Unknown arch used in --with-arch=arm"

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-6194366.html?sid=b4ebed6c8382cac7ee4192589fa54b2c

Regards,
- Angelo
>
>
> I am on ~x86-64
>
> The target is Luminary or ST cortex m3
>
> Many thanks
>
> Billy
>
 
Old 03-05-2010, 06:23 PM
billium
 
Default crossdev

On 03/05/10 15:38, Angelo Arrifano wrote:

On Sex, 2010-03-05 at 11:20 +0000, billium wrote:


Has anything changed in crossdev as my tuple no longer works.

crossdev -s3 -t arm-none-eabi or

crossdev -s3 -t arm-elf-eabi or

The error is:

"Unknown arch used in --with-arch=arm"


http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-6194366.html?sid=b4ebed6c8382cac7ee4192589fa54b2c

Regards,
- Angelo



I am on ~x86-64

The target is Luminary or ST cortex m3

Many thanks

Billy








Did you read the link you posted?
 
Old 03-05-2010, 07:20 PM
Peter Stuge
 
Default crossdev

billium wrote:
> Did you read the link you posted?

Did you? It explains that you need to use a more specific tuple now.


//Peter
 
Old 03-06-2010, 08:45 AM
billium
 
Default crossdev

On 03/05/10 20:20, Peter Stuge wrote:

billium wrote:


Did you read the link you posted?


Did you? It explains that you need to use a more specific tuple now.


//Peter




Thanks, that what I assumed, but

armv7, armv7m, and armv7-m all fail

Billy
 
Old 03-07-2010, 03:21 AM
Mike Frysinger
 
Default crossdev

On Friday 05 March 2010 06:20:40 billium wrote:
> Has anything changed in crossdev as my tuple no longer works.
>
> crossdev -s3 -t arm-none-eabi or
>
> crossdev -s3 -t arm-elf-eabi or
>
> The error is:
>
> "Unknown arch used in --with-arch=arm"
>
>
> I am on ~x86-64
>
> The target is Luminary or ST cortex m3

it was a bug in toolchain.eclass that should now be fixed
-mike
 
Old 06-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Daniel Stonier
 
Default crossdev

I've got a couple of queries with regards to crossdev.

1) What's the correct way to correctly configure ld.so.conf in an cross-compile?
2) Is it recommended emerging glibc despite the inevitable file collisions?

--
Phone : +82-10-5400-3296 (010-5400-3296)
Home: http://snorriheim.dnsdojo.com/
Yujin Robot: http://www.yujinrobot.com/
Embedded Control Libraries: http://snorriheim.dnsdojo.com/redmine/wiki/ecl
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:21 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org