Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Gentoo Embedded (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-embedded/)
-   -   sys-libs/ss flaking out? (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-embedded/133915-sys-libs-ss-flaking-out.html)

Christopher Friedt 07-29-2008 08:02 PM

sys-libs/ss flaking out?
 
Hi everyone,

I wasn't sure if there was a clear resolution to bug number 21677
( http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=216777 ).

In any event, sys-libs/ss does not cross-compile because it's attempting
to link to an incompatible so file in /usr/lib instead of
${SYSROOT}/usr/lib.


What's the solution?

Chris

Christopher Friedt 07-29-2008 08:20 PM

sys-libs/ss flaking out?
 
I just uncommented the lines containing 'GROUP' from the ebuild and it
seems to have built properly - I can't say yet whether or not linking
will work properly.


Chris

Christopher Friedt wrote:

Hi everyone,

I wasn't sure if there was a clear resolution to bug number 21677
( http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=216777 ).

In any event, sys-libs/ss does not cross-compile because it's attempting
to link to an incompatible so file in /usr/lib instead of
${SYSROOT}/usr/lib.


What's the solution?

Chris

Christopher Friedt 07-29-2008 09:07 PM

sys-libs/ss flaking out?
 
e2fsprogs does not build using the same method, and it also suffers from
the same problem.



Christopher Friedt wrote:
I just uncommented the lines containing 'GROUP' from the ebuild and it
seems to have built properly - I can't say yet whether or not linking
will work properly.


Chris

Christopher Friedt wrote:

Hi everyone,

I wasn't sure if there was a clear resolution to bug number 21677
( http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=216777 ).

In any event, sys-libs/ss does not cross-compile because it's
attempting to link to an incompatible so file in /usr/lib instead of
${SYSROOT}/usr/lib.


What's the solution?

Chris

Ahmed Ammar 07-30-2008 09:32 AM

sys-libs/ss flaking out?
 
Hello Chris,

Using Ned's wrappers both ss and e2fsprogs compile fully.

http://dev.gentoo.org/~solar/embedded/crossdev-wrappers-20080622.ebuild

Regards
--
Ahmed Ammar (b33fc0d3 [at] gentoo.org)

Christopher Friedt 07-30-2008 03:21 PM

sys-libs/ss flaking out?
 
Right on - I haven't started using the wrappers yet, but this gives me a
great excuse :)


Thanks Ahmed!

Chris

Ahmed Ammar wrote:

Hello Chris,

Using Ned's wrappers both ss and e2fsprogs compile fully.

http://dev.gentoo.org/~solar/embedded/crossdev-wrappers-20080622.ebuild

Regards

Christopher Friedt 08-07-2008 02:17 PM

sys-libs/ss flaking out?
 
I seem to be encountering the same error that I was getting before - not
100% sure why...


I'll have to look into it a bit more when I have some time to provide
any useful feedback.


Chris

Ahmed Ammar wrote:

Hello Chris,

Using Ned's wrappers both ss and e2fsprogs compile fully.

http://dev.gentoo.org/~solar/embedded/crossdev-wrappers-20080622.ebuild

Regards

Christopher Friedt 08-07-2008 06:33 PM

sys-libs/ss flaking out?
 
Nice - it worked with Ned's crossdev-wrappers - I had to manually adjust
the existing ${SYSROOT}/usr/lib/lib{com_err,ss}.so linker scripts to
reflect the ${SYSROOT}.


I guess if I hadn't already had sys-libs/com_err and sys-libs/ss
installed, then crossdev-wrapper would have properly processed the .so
files they generated in ${SYSROOT}/usr/lib .


So basically, I edited ${SYSROOT}/usr/lib/lib{com_err,ss}.so and replaced:

GROUP ( /lib/libcom_err.so )

with

GROUP ( /usr/arm-unknown-linux-gnu/usr/lib/libcom_err.so )

and it was fine.

After that there were no more issues with cross-emerging sys-lib/ss or
sys-lib/com_err



Thanks to everyone :)

Chris


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:42 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.