-   Gentoo Documentation (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-documentation/)
-   -   ROS with Gentoo (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-documentation/713972-ros-gentoo.html)

Fox 02-11-2014 09:20 PM

ROS with Gentoo

Hello,
during my studies I had in different occasions to use ROS. I think it is
a great tool but it bothers me that I am usually forced to use Ubuntu in
order to have it working easily. In two previous attempts I tried to
have it working on my gentoo workstations unsuccessfully. I am not sure
if other people may have the same problem or not but in general I feel
like there is not much information on how to run it on gentoo either
because nobody is doing it or who has it working don't share the
information.

I have now the basic system working and I would like to somehow document
the little things that I had to solve step by step so that other people
doesn't have to struggle with it or even for myself in the future. I
thoguht on publishing it in wiki.gentoo.org but I wanted to ask first if
it would be a good place. I would't be a full documentation of something
stable but just a bunch modifications and steps that should be taken to
compile the base system only tested on my system.

Thank you
Quim