-   Gentoo Documentation (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-documentation/)
-   -   French documentation : no more cam's French documentation information (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-documentation/712895-french-documentation-no-more-cams-french-documentation-information.html)

Xavier Miller 03-13-2013 07:13 AM

French documentation : no more cam's French documentation information

Hello,

After some months of inactivity, some french speaking volunteers
proposed to continue to contribute to the update of the very old
french documentation.

I tried to get the status left by the official absent team, but the
page with the tools is no more accessible :
https://dev.gentoo.org/~cam/gentoo-doc-fr/ is dead.

So the volunteers cannot contribute, I will stop this volunteer lead
and let the french documentation in the hands of the Gentoo developers.

Could you please update that documnentation or delete it ? It is too
comfusing for french-speaking people, we get still now remarks about
HAL (can I say "LOL" ?).

Kind regards,
Xavier Miller.

Josť Fournier 03-13-2013 07:58 AM

French documentation : no more cam's French documentation information

After some months of inactivity, some french speaking volunteers
proposed to continue to contribute to the update of the very old
french documentation.

I tried to get the status left by the official absent team, but the
page with the tools is no more accessible :
https://dev.gentoo.org/~cam/gentoo-doc-fr/ is dead.

So the volunteers cannot contribute, I will stop this volunteer lead
and let the french documentation in the hands of the Gentoo developers.

Could you please update that documnentation or delete it ? It is too
comfusing for french-speaking people, we get still now remarks about
HAL (can I say "LOL" ?).

Kind regards,
Xavier Miller.

Hi Xavier,

I am presently in the course of updating the French documentation, with
the help of Sven Vermeulen that commits the files for me. Please don't
remove them now as I already did almost all the handbook, the
alsa-guide, the alternative installation guide. Some of the files are
still waiting for committing in bugzilla.

I am volunteerto revive the French team but I was explained by Sven that
it can take some months before I can demonstrate my ability to doso (I
am not a developer).
This is not a problem to me as I feel enthusiastic and things are going
well the present way.

Regards

Josť

Xavier Miller 03-13-2013 08:00 AM

Quoting Josť Fournier <jaaf.forums@zoraldia.com>:

I am presently in the course of updating the French documentation,
with the help of Sven Vermeulen that commits the files for me.
Please don't remove them now as I already did almost all the
handbook, the alsa-guide, the alternative installation guide. Some
of the files are still waiting for committing in bugzilla.

I am volunteerto revive the French team but I was explained by Sven
that it can take some months before I can demonstrate my ability to
doso (I am not a developer).
This is not a problem to me as I feel enthusiastic and things are
going well the present way.

Regards

Josť

Thank you very much, Josť !!!

If you need some help, there are people at #gentoofr willing to help.

Kind regards,
Xavier

Josť Fournier 03-13-2013 08:29 AM

[...]

Thank you too. It's a real pleasure to contribute to such awonderful
Linux distroand, this way, allow developers to concentrate on the
fundamentals, I mean the software itself.

Josť Fournier 03-13-2013 08:32 AM

[...]

I still have this problem with Thunderbird (words linked together) that
makes my mails ugly. No idea of what could be the reason!