Old 07-26-2012, 07:57 PM
Xavier Miller

Default Simple XSLT script for xml -> html?

Hello,

Is there a simple script to convert a GuideXML file to html?

Is it enough to use handbook.xslt applied to the xml files?

Kind regards,
Xavier Miller.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:53 AM
Sven Vermeulen

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 09:57:47PM +0200, Xavier Miller wrote:
> Is there a simple script to convert a GuideXML file to html?
>
> Is it enough to use handbook.xslt applied to the xml files?

I don't know if it is considered simple, but currently most development is
done through the gorg application (should be installable through portage).

See http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gdp/doc/gorg.xml

You can also write an XSL that transforms the GuideXML/HandbookXML into
whatever you like. I have one to convert documents to docbook (which then
can be used to generate all other formats, including HTML).

See https://github.com/sjvermeu/small.coding/tree/master/gxml2docbook

Old 07-27-2012, 04:17 PM
Xavier Miller

Hello Sven,

I will simply use xslt-transfom by using website xslts (from CVS
gentoo/xml). It works almost out-of-the-box

Kind regards,
Xavier.