Old 04-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Sven Vermeulen

Default Clean-up of @link attribute

Guys,

Unless you're all screaming loud "No" or something else that's clear to
understand, I'll be removing the @link attribute from all documents in
gentoo/xml/htdocs. After that, I'll update guide.dtd to remove the attribute
so that newly committed documents won't have it anymore either.

I was first contemplating of editing the XML-QA-Checker that gets triggered
on CVS commits so that new commits are "screened" for a while, but I thought
to myself - hey, we're a fast-moving distro, it's easier to just mass-commit
everything (and a nice sed command can auto-change the files for me as
well).

Let's say, give feedback before tuesday april 10th?

Wkr,
Sven Vermeulen

PS I'll mail it to gentoo-dev as well, since it'll also affect guides in
project pages.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:34 PM
Joshua Saddler

On Thu, 5 Apr 2012 20:17:20 +0000
Sven Vermeulen <swift@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Guys,
>
> Unless you're all screaming loud "No" or something else that's
> clear to understand, I'll be removing the @link attribute from all
> documents in gentoo/xml/htdocs. After that, I'll update guide.dtd
> to remove the attribute so that newly committed documents won't
> have it anymore either.
>
> I was first contemplating of editing the XML-QA-Checker that gets
> triggered on CVS commits so that new commits are "screened" for a
> while, but I thought to myself - hey, we're a fast-moving distro,
> it's easier to just mass-commit everything (and a nice sed command
> can auto-change the files for me as well).
>
> Let's say, give feedback before tuesday april 10th?
>
> Wkr,
> Sven Vermeulen
>
> PS I'll mail it to gentoo-dev as well, since it'll also affect
> guides in project pages.

awesome. 'bout time this was finalized. do it.