Old 02-29-2012, 06:35 PM
wireless

Default ARM manuals

Hello,

I know my ideas to main stream Gentoo on arm, are not very popular
with gentoo devs.

A while back there was talk of Gentoo and Ubuntu exploring
some deeper form of cooperation; a merger of sorts. Surely
an interesting idea. Curiously, Ubuntu seems to be able to
publish documents, very easily.

The point of this message, is to share the Ubuntu vision
for (Ubuntu) Linux on ARM; where the embedded and the
computer versions of Linux are on a collision coarse.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM

I hope you enjoy Ubuntu's vision for Linux on Arm.
In essence, it will soon be as ubiquitous as x86,
or at least many believe this scenario is plausible.

On this link above, we see where TI, Freescale and Nvidia
are all lining up for a piece of the corps (the x86 corps
that is).

enjoy!
James

Old 03-01-2012, 03:41 AM
"Dennis.Yxun"

I know my ideas to main stream Gentoo on arm, are not very popular

with gentoo devs.

A while back there was talk of Gentoo and Ubuntu exploring

some deeper form of cooperation; a merger of sorts. Surely

an interesting idea. Curiously, Ubuntu seems to be able to
*have ever noticed that article published on* Apr 1st?

Old 03-01-2012, 05:44 AM
Sven Vermeulen

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 8:35 PM, wireless <wireless@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> A while back there was talk of Gentoo and Ubuntu exploring
> some deeper form of cooperation; a merger of sorts. Surely
> an interesting idea.

I wasn't aware of that. Do you have some info on this?

> Curiously, Ubuntu seems to be able to
> publish documents, very easily.

Publication isn't an issue. We also have http://wiki.gentoo.org where
you can quickly set up and publish documents.

Wkr,
Sven Vermeulen

Old 03-01-2012, 03:34 PM
wireless