Old 12-29-2011, 01:27 PM
Sven Vermeulen

Default Updated date in handbook

Hi guys,

Something else I noticed is that we sometimes get questions in #gentoo or
even #gentoo-doc about the "Updated" date of the Gentoo Handbook(s). Because
of how things work, the displayed date on the handbook pages is always the
one that is for the given file.

In case of the index page, this is a somewhat old(er) version as the index
page hardly changes. Yet that is the "Updated" version most people look at.

Would it be okay if I updated doc-struct.xsl so that for handbooks, the
updated version always matches the latest update?

Other possibilities are:
- On the index page, display the latest update, but on individual chapters,
keep the current used date
- Don't touch anything and stop harassing me with your suggestions

Sven Vermeulen