-   Gentoo Documentation (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-documentation/)
-   -   fixing a setup guide (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-documentation/58967-fixing-setup-guide.html)

Jan KundrŠt 03-18-2008 09:08 PM

fixing a setup guide

Josh Saddler wrote:
3. If you're interested in "maintaining" this guide, then it's as simple
as opening a new bug against it and providing a patch with changes. We
will review and fix the doc.

And if you submit so many good patches that we get tired of committing
them, we'll ask you if you want to become a developer and maintain stuff
yourself.

Cheers,
-jkt

--
cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth

Duncan 03-19-2008 12:19 AM

fixing a setup guide

Jan KundrŠt <jkt@gentoo.org> posted 47E03D65.8060102@gentoo.org, excerpted
below, on Tue, 18 Mar 2008 23:08:37 +0100:

> And if you submit so many good patches that we get tired of committing
> them, we'll ask you if you want to become a developer and maintain stuff
> yourself.

LOL. That's a nice way of putting it. I can't help but compare that to
the answer in the current dev discussion. This one seems so much more...
effective/upbeat/humorous/apropos/... but about as accurate as it gets.

Josh Saddler 03-19-2008 01:59 AM

fixing a setup guide

Jan KundrŠt wrote:

Josh Saddler wrote:
3. If you're interested in "maintaining" this guide, then it's as
simple as opening a new bug against it and providing a patch with
changes. We will review and fix the doc.

And if you submit so many good patches that we get tired of committing
them, we'll ask you if you want to become a developer and maintain stuff
yourself.

Yup; this is more or less how I was recruited. They got tired of having
to make so many proxy-commits for me. ;)

"Gosh darnit, do your own work!" they said, and thwopped me with CVS access.

wireless 03-19-2008 10:17 PM

fixing a setup guide

Josh Saddler wrote:

Jan Kundr√°t wrote:

Josh Saddler wrote:
3. If you're interested in "maintaining" this guide, then it's as
simple as opening a new bug against it and providing a patch with
changes. We will review and fix the doc.

And if you submit so many good patches that we get tired of committing
them, we'll ask you if you want to become a developer and maintain
stuff yourself.

Yup; this is more or less how I was recruited. They got tired of having
to make so many proxy-commits for me. ;)

"Gosh darnit, do your own work!" they said, and thwopped me with CVS
access.

OK all of this is fine (wonderful). However, I'm a slave to other
responsibilities so this is all as I get time to develop some
deliverables to the gentoo community. Surely I have a few things to

learn, in a greater depth.

I'll start by enhancements to the jffnms installation doc.....

Then we'll go from there.

James