Old 01-10-2011, 12:41 AM
"Jason Carson"

Default Domainkey/DKIM

Hello everyone,

I created an article on the Gentoo-wiki a while back showing people how to
use Domainkeys and/or DKIM with Postfix. Here is a link to the article...

http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Domainkeys_and_DKIM_with_Postfix

Yahoo, Gmail, and AOL amongst others use Domainkeys so I thought it would
be useful to add this information to the official docs.

I was wondering how/if I can get it added to the "Gentoo mailfiltering
gateway guide" located here...

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/mailfilter-guide.xml

If this information is already included in another doc that I missed
please let me know.

Thanks

Jason

Old 06-05-2011, 11:01 PM
Jan Kundrát

On 01/10/11 02:44, Jason Carson wrote:
> I was wondering how/if I can get it added to the "Gentoo mailfiltering
> gateway guide" located here...
>
> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/mailfilter-guide.xml
>
> If this information is already included in another doc that I missed
> please let me know.

Hi Jason, sorry for not getting back to you earlier, but I guess five
months is still better than not responding at all, right?

As you've probably already guessed, the Gentoo documentation team is
pretty short on resources. In order for your contribution to be
accepted, the following will have to happen:

1) Find someone who's willing to do the job. That's the tricky part.
That someone has to be a Gentoo Documentation Project member.
2) Due to license incompatibility, we can't accept a link to the
gentoo-wiki.com as a source (in a nutshell, they request "non-commercial
use only", the CC-BY-NC-SA-3.0, while we're on CC-BY-SA-2.0). You'll
have to provide a version of the article to which you hold the copyright
ownership rights, and state that you're licensing it under the terms of
CC-BY-SA-2.0 license.
3) Someone (maybe you, maybe the hypothetical GDP member from point 1
above) will have to prepare a patch for that document in the GuideXML
format. Alternatively, if tampakrap GSoC project goes live, someone
would have to prepare a patch in a WYSIWYG editor .
4) That GDP member from 1) will have to verify that the changes are
correct and commit them.

Right now I'm afraid you won't find anyone with enough free time to do
the work. I'd recommend just stick with the wiki, and maybe including a
short information that you, as the exclusive author of that work,
explicitly license it under CC-BY-SA-2.0, so that it can be picked up later.

I hope I did not make you too upset. Thanks for letting us know, but
we're extremely short on manpower.

Cheers,
Jan
--