Old 11-01-2010, 08:01 PM
Joshua Saddler

Default A new lead

Hi guys. As of today, Xavier Neys (neysx) has been retired by infra.
So we need a new GDP lead. I've been poking people about this for a
year or so now on IRC, asking if anyone was interested in taking
over. Most folks have told me to just go ahead and do it, since
I've kinda had that role, as a de facto position ever since neysx went
MIA a long, long time ago.

However, if anyone else has the inclination, skillz, time, etc. to
take on the leadership role, please speak up. Otherwise, I'll go
ahead and take over the project.

On another note, we need some fresh blood. Translators can always use
some folks, but we need s'more English speakers besides me to fix
bugs and patch docs.

There's a recent discussion on moving to git from CVS; maybe such a
move would lower the barrier to community contribution. If it would
do so, I'm all for it. We desperately need the help.

Sincerely,

Josh

Old 11-01-2010, 08:35 PM
Camille Huot

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 10:01 PM, Joshua Saddler <nightmorph@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Otherwise, I'll go ahead and take over the project.

I think you can go ahead

> There's a recent discussion on moving to git from CVS; maybe such a
> move would lower the barrier to community contribution. If it would
> do so, I'm all for it. We desperately need the help.

I don't see exactly how moving to git would lower the barrier?

I personally don't know git.

--
Camille Huot