Old 05-04-2010, 05:40 AM
Sebastian Pipping

Default Where can i download the latest trads (or trads.rb) from?

hello,

it seems that [1] is by far not the latest version of trads.
does anyone have tarballs of trads of 26-Nov-2005 or later?

also, does anyone ..
- know about a new location of xavier's website?
- have backups of his website around somewhere,
especially trads-doc.xml previously up on [2]?

thanks in advance,

sebastian

[1] http://dev.gentoo.org/~neysx/scripts/trads.rb
[2] http://gentoo.neysx.org/mystuff/trads/doc/trads-doc.xml

Old 05-10-2010, 05:16 PM
Joshua Saddler

On Tue, 04 May 2010 07:40:59 +0200
Sebastian Pipping <sping@gentoo.org> wrote:

> also, does anyone ..
> - know about a new location of xavier's website?
> - have backups of his website around somewhere,
> especially trads-doc.xml previously up on [2]?

All you can do is check archive.org. That's what I had to do when I recovered a text-only version of the Gorg howto. Had to completely XMLify it from scratch, and do the editing all over again.

Anything else you're looking for should be on archive.org, too -- just use the Wayback Machine link at the top.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:45 PM
Sebastian Pipping

On 05/10/10 19:16, Joshua Saddler wrote:
> All you can do is check archive.org. That's what I had to do when I recovered a text-only version of the Gorg howto. Had to completely XMLify it from scratch, and do the editing all over again.
>
> Anything else you're looking for should be on archive.org, too -- just use the Wayback Machine link at the top.

So he lost both the domain and the content?

Sebastian

Old 05-11-2010, 12:12 AM
Joshua Saddler

On Tue, 11 May 2010 01:45:12 +0200
Sebastian Pipping <sping@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On 05/10/10 19:16, Joshua Saddler wrote:
> > All you can do is check archive.org. That's what I had to do when I
> > recovered a text-only version of the Gorg howto. Had to completely XMLify
> > it from scratch, and do the editing all over again.
> >
> > Anything else you're looking for should be on archive.org, too -- just use
> > the Wayback Machine link at the top.
>
> So he lost both the domain and the content?

I have no idea.

Content loss is what I implied by mentioning the Wayback Machine. If Xavier has a backup, it's not anywhere on the internet that I've seen. This is it.

The WM's most recent snapshot is from March 2008. Now, I don't *think* the site's been down that long; I recall accessing it more recently in the last two years. Maybe he just blocked the archive.org bots.

Anyway, the stuff I've had to reconstruct is all from that snapshot. Unless other GDP members have anything newer in their devspaces, what you see on the WM is what you get.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Семён Марьясин

Usually it requires up to 18 months (according to official FAQ, IIRC) to publish snapshots. Try this for example: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://google.com/

--