Old 06-03-2008, 05:52 AM
Ferris McCormick

Default Nominations for council

Old 06-03-2008, 06:14 AM
"Denis Dupeyron"

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 7:52 AM, Ferris McCormick <fmccor@gentoo.org> wrote:
> I think nominations are open. I nominate
> rane
> welp
> zlin

Alright. Then I'll nominate all members of the current council. In
alphabetical order:
amne
betelgeuse
dberkholz
flameeyes
jokey
lu_zero
vapier

Denis.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:05 AM
Josh Saddler

Denis Dupeyron wrote:

Alright. Then I'll nominate all members of the current council. In
alphabetical order:
amne
betelgeuse
dberkholz
flameeyes
jokey
lu_zero
vapier

Seconded.

(Also...it's voting time already? Can't believe it's already been a year.)

Old 06-03-2008, 07:44 AM
"Łukasz Damentko"

2008/6/3 Ferris McCormick <fmccor@gentoo.org>:
> I think nominations are open.

Not yet.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:36 AM
Duncan

Josh Saddler <nightmorph@gentoo.org> posted 4844ED2D.4030009@gentoo.org,
excerpted below, on Tue, 03 Jun 2008 00:05:17 -0700:

> (Also...it's voting time already? Can't believe it's already been a
> year.)

It hasn't been... but rather than bring politics into the discussion
here, I'll simply refer you to the council and/or project groups/lists.

Or was that missing the <sarcasm> or <joke> tags. =8^)

Old 06-03-2008, 09:03 AM
"Alex Howells"

2008/6/3 George Prowse <cokehabit@gmail.com>:
> Thirded

Someone can clarify but don't you need to be a Foundation member to
nominate or support nominations?

Either way, all of the current Council get my nomination, plus welp
gets a second.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:06 AM
"Richard Brown"

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 10:03 AM, Alex Howells <astinus@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Someone can clarify but don't you need to be a Foundation member to
> nominate or support nominations?
>
> Either way, all of the current Council get my nomination, plus welp
> gets a second.

Someone can clarify, but don't you need nominations to be open to
nominate people?
--
Richard Brown

Old 06-03-2008, 10:07 AM
"Łukasz Damentko"

2008/6/3 Richard Brown <mynamewasgone@gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 10:03 AM, Alex Howells <astinus@gentoo.org> wrote:
>> Someone can clarify but don't you need to be a Foundation member to
>> nominate or support nominations?
>>
>> Either way, all of the current Council get my nomination, plus welp
>> gets a second.
>
> Someone can clarify, but don't you need nominations to be open to
> nominate people?

Nominations aren't open yet. They will be soon (rather days than
weeks). But not yet. I have no idea why you guys rushed it but you
will have nominate again after we open if for real.

--

Łukasz Damentko

Old 06-03-2008, 10:31 AM
George Prowse

Alex Howells wrote:

Someone can clarify but don't you need to be a Foundation member to
nominate or support nominations?

Either way, all of the current Council get my nomination, plus welp
gets a second.

Anyone can nominate but only members get a vote.