Old 05-30-2008, 05:34 PM
"Robin H. Johnson"

Default VCS repository overview for Gentoo

This is more of a reminder email than anything else, in my capacity as
the VCS administrator for Gentoo.

Recently, some folk have wondered if we can come up with a better name
than 'overlays', as a lot of the newer repositories aren't actually
overlays of the tree, but rather independent development for Gentoo.

CVS.gentoo.org:
No new repositories on offer.
Access for developers only.
May contain private repositories.
Public read-only: http://anoncvs.gentoo.org/
Browser: http://sources.gentoo.org/

SVN.gentoo.org:
New repositories available on demand (request on bug #95277)
Access for developers only.
May contain private repositories.
Public read-only: http://anonsvn.gentoo.org/
Browser: http://sources.gentoo.org/

GIT.gentoo.org:
New repositories available on demand (request on bug #196025)
Access for developers only.
May contain private repositories.
Public read-only: http://anongit.gentoo.org/
Browser: http://sources.gentoo.org/gitweb/

GIT.overlays.gentoo.org:
New repositories available on demand (see webpage)
External and developer access.
All repositories public.
Browser: http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/

SVN.overlays.gentoo.org:
(formerly known just as overlays.gentoo.org)
New repositories on hold, pending migration to new hardware.
Browser: http://overlays.gentoo.org/

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy

Old 06-01-2008, 09:06 AM
Robert Buchholz

On Friday 30 May 2008, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> This is more of a reminder email than anything else, in my capacity
> as the VCS administrator for Gentoo.

Thanks a lot for the overview, especially the part about public/private
repositories. It would be great if this list could be maintained as
parts of the infrastructure project docs. I can convert to xml if
necessary.

Robert