Old 05-20-2008, 06:39 PM
Jan Kundrát

Default am I ready to step into Gentoo?

Hi Federico, a good start would be not to hijack threads [1]

Cheers,
-jkt

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thread_hijacking

--
cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth

Old 05-20-2008, 06:47 PM
"Santiago M. Mola"

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 7:20 PM, Federico Ferri <xaero@inwind.it> wrote:

> my computer-related hobbies (or I should say time-killers!) are Tcl
> (scripting language) and Pure-Data (multimedia dataflow environment). I
> regularly use Pd to create audio/video apps, and Tcl for everything else
> that doesn't fit Pd, I've also developed a Tcl-Pd loader, that allows to
> code externals for Pd in Tcl.
> see my Pd page at [3].
>
> perhaps that's the category I should belong to...(?)
> I keep occasional contact with Tcl developers, so I could bring some love to
> the Tcl/Tk Gentoo herd (yes, I am a Tcl/Tk fan, as you can see on my
> wikipage at [4])
> I've also set up an overlay (pd-overlay, [5]) and used to develop together
> with ColdWind (actually a Gentoo dev) ebuilds for EVERY pd external!
>
> [...]
>
> so what's going to be my next step into Gentoo? perhaps finding a mentor?
> ColdWind would you...? any one else?

I'm in contact with Federico, we agreed that the recruitment process
will start when the exams are over, but he's going to start slowly
working on it before.

I think he can do good work on tcltk, and who knows if he'll work on
bringing PureData to Gentoo too!

Santiago M. Mola
Jabber ID: cooldwind@gmail.com

Old 05-20-2008, 11:57 PM
Luca Barbato

Santiago M. Mola wrote:

[...]

I could help if you need.

I think he can do good work on tcltk, and who knows if he'll work on
bringing PureData to Gentoo too!

Additional points if he makes coccinella work on non x86:
- requires getting tile and treectl in portage
- requires hacking a bit the coccinella sources

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo Council Member

Old 05-21-2008, 09:11 AM
Samuli Suominen

Tue, 20 May 2008 19:20:52 +0200
Federico Ferri <xaero@inwind.it> kirjoitti:

> hi all,

Hi,

> my computer-related hobbies (or I should say time-killers!) are Tcl
> (scripting language) and Pure-Data (multimedia dataflow environment).
> I regularly use Pd to create audio/video apps, and Tcl for everything
> else that doesn't fit Pd, I've also developed a Tcl-Pd loader, that
> allows to code externals for Pd in Tcl.
> see my Pd page at [3].
>
> perhaps that's the category I should belong to...(?)
> I keep occasional contact with Tcl developers, so I could bring some
> love to the Tcl/Tk Gentoo herd (yes, I am a Tcl/Tk fan, as you can
> see on my wikipage at [4])
> I've also set up an overlay (pd-overlay, [5]) and used to develop
> together with ColdWind (actually a Gentoo dev) ebuilds for EVERY pd
> external!

Bringing PD back sounds like a great idea; last time it had some serious
issues with the build system and hardcoded paths which made it rather
impossible to install correctly into live filesystem..

> best regards,
> Federico Ferri

Thanks, Samuli