FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo Development

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-16-2008, 09:33 PM
Zhu Sha Zang
 
Default why not player/stage/gazebo

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Someone can speak to me why this programs aren't in portage tree, cos
they are a good programs to robotic area? I finded only this packages in
overlay, but so old. If i wish to put this sources in portage what i
need to do?


thanks!
- --
Zhu Sha Zang
Hyaku ne hayanda yo!
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iEYEARECAAYFAkgt/ZsACgkQbLyL8mxGP9TjjQCbBx/LWG043PcOvJB2PKsZ1saU
mTMAn3OV+Ii5opwYl54wnO1UwFBKMY5U
=Vk6y
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
__________________________________________________
Faa ligaes para outros computadores com o novo Yahoo! Messenger
http://br.beta.messenger.yahoo.com/
--
gentoo-dev@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 
Old 05-16-2008, 10:16 PM
"Ioannis Aslanidis"
 
Default why not player/stage/gazebo

They probably aren't in the tree because nobody asked for them to be
in the tree. Please, be so kind to open an enhancement request at
http://bugs.gentoo.org and provide a working ebuild if possible.

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 11:33 PM, Zhu Sha Zang <zhushazang@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> Someone can speak to me why this programs aren't in portage tree, cos
> they are a good programs to robotic area? I finded only this packages in
> overlay, but so old. If i wish to put this sources in portage what i
> need to do?
>
>
> thanks!
> - --
> Zhu Sha Zang
> Hyaku ne hayanda yo!
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v2.0.9 (GNU/Linux)
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
>
> iEYEARECAAYFAkgt/ZsACgkQbLyL8mxGP9TjjQCbBx/LWG043PcOvJB2PKsZ1saU
> mTMAn3OV+Ii5opwYl54wnO1UwFBKMY5U
> =Vk6y
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
> __________________________________________________
> Faça ligações para outros computadores com o novo Yahoo! Messenger
> http://br.beta.messenger.yahoo.com/
> --
> gentoo-dev@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
>
>



--
Ioannis Aslanidis

<deathwing00[at]gentoo.org> 0x47F370A0
���^�X�������&j)b� b�
 
Old 05-17-2008, 12:14 AM
Michel Filipe
 
Default why not player/stage/gazebo

Hello Zhu! Is a good time to most contribute with Gentoo.

Ioannis Aslanidis escreveu:

They probably aren't in the tree because nobody asked for them to be
in the tree. Please, be so kind to open an enhancement request at
http://bugs.gentoo.org and provide a working ebuild if possible.

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 11:33 PM, Zhu Sha Zang

<zhushazang@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

Someone can speak to me why this programs aren't in portage tree, cos
they are a good programs to robotic area? I finded only this packages in
overlay, but so old. If i wish to put this sources in portage what i
need to do?


thanks!

__________________________________________________
Faa ligaes para outros computadores com o novo Yahoo! Messenger
http://br.beta.messenger.yahoo.com/
--
gentoo-dev@lists.gentoo.org mailing list

>
>


--
Michel Filipe
Milk-it Brasil Software House
+55 31 32271009
+55 31 84843953

--
gentoo-dev@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 
Old 05-17-2008, 09:07 AM
Zhu Sha Zang
 
Default why not player/stage/gazebo

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Ok, show me the path to be a gentoo's developer.

Maybe i can do it now.

thanks for answers.
Michel Filipe escreveu:
> Hello Zhu! Is a good time to most contribute with Gentoo.
>
> Ioannis Aslanidis escreveu:
>> They probably aren't in the tree because nobody asked for them to be
>> in the tree. Please, be so kind to open an enhancement request at
>> http://bugs.gentoo.org and provide a working ebuild if possible.
>>
>> On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 11:33 PM, Zhu Sha Zang
> <zhushazang@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>> Someone can speak to me why this programs aren't in portage tree, cos
>> they are a good programs to robotic area? I finded only this packages in
>> overlay, but so old. If i wish to put this sources in portage what i
>> need to do?
>>
>>
>> thanks!
> __________________________________________________
> Faça ligações para outros computadores com o novo Yahoo! Messenger
> http://br.beta.messenger.yahoo.com/
> --
> gentoo-dev@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
>> >
>> >
>


- --
Zhu Sha Zang
Hyaku ne hayanda yo!
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iEYEARECAAYFAkguoEgACgkQbLyL8mxGP9QCvACeM5U68qSdYH vZbpN9tLo8l+ux
MvEAnRi+kTswyOHU/R6gfaQIa/DFEIji
=ROJ3
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
__________________________________________________
Fa�liga�s para outros computadores com o novo Yahoo! Messenger
http://br.beta.messenger.yahoo.com/
--
gentoo-dev@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 
Old 05-17-2008, 09:57 AM
"Arun Raghavan"
 
Default why not player/stage/gazebo

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 2:37 PM, Zhu Sha Zang <zhushazang@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
<snip>
> Ok, show me the path to be a gentoo's developer.
>
> Maybe i can do it now.

1. Pick up a part of Gentoo that you'd like to work on (clearly
robotics packages in this case).
2. Work on it (fix bugs, add features, document, and so on -- more
information at http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/?catid=gentoodev and
http://devmanual.gentoo.org/)
3. Once you have established your interest and ability to help, find a mentor
4. Your mentor will guide you through the recruitment process

Regards,
--
Arun Raghavan
(http://nemesis.accosted.net)
v2sw5Chw4+5ln4pr6$OFck2ma4+9u8w3+1!m?l7+9GSCKi056
e6+9i4b8/9HTAen4+5g4/8APa2Xs8r1/2p5-8 hackerkey.com
--
gentoo-dev@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 
Old 05-17-2008, 10:37 AM
Sébastien Fabbro
 
Default why not player/stage/gazebo

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

> On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 2:37 PM, Zhu Sha Zang
> <zhushazang@yahoo.com.br> wrote: <snip>
> > Ok, show me the path to be a gentoo's developer.
> >
> > Maybe i can do it now.

0. Participate in improving the player [1], stage [2], and gazebo [3]
ebuilds.

[1] http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=26373
[2] http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=185298
[3] http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=185470

Sébastien
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.9 (GNU/Linux)

iEYEARECAAYFAkgutW0ACgkQ1ycZbhPLE2ABHgCbBfAx4QiGaM 4YIa03DCshLUg9
E2IAnjO6pltg+hv+JXjoe2GkoTROrWMl
=ifox
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
���^�X�������&j)b� b�
 
Old 05-18-2008, 06:09 PM
Jose Luis Rivero
 
Default why not player/stage/gazebo

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 06:33:15PM -0300, Zhu Sha Zang wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> Someone can speak to me why this programs aren't in portage tree, cos
> they are a good programs to robotic area? I finded only this packages in
> overlay, but so old. If i wish to put this sources in portage what i
> need to do?
>

I'm currently working for a robotics research lab and I've seen my
co-workers using these apps lots of times. I'm interesting in this area,
involved in an Humanoid project and familiar with the basics of robotics
although I have no current experience with the apps.

Please, contact me out of the list and we'll see how can we improve
the robotics support in Gentoo.

Thanks Zhu.

--
Jose Luis Rivero <yoswink@gentoo.org>
Gentoo/Doc Gentoo/Alpha

--
gentoo-dev@lists.gentoo.org mailing list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:44 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org