Old 05-16-2008, 05:46 PM
Mike Frysinger

Default FRC: debtools herd creation

On Friday 16 May 2008, Yuri Vasilevski wrote:
> I will be adding some debian build tools to the tree, and would like to
> create the debtools herd to associate with the packages.
>
> I'll be adding things like debhelper, lintian and a little
> bit later things like apt, aptitude, cdebootstrap, debian-live and some
> more. Also there is debootstrap with maintainer-needed@gentoo.org which I'd
> like to adopt.

if you want to take "debianutils" as well, that'd be great
-mike

Old 05-16-2008, 06:06 PM

Yuri Vasilevski <yvasilev@gentoo.org> writes:

> I will be adding some debian build tools to the tree, and would like to
> create the debtools herd to associate with the packages.

Just please don't add Debian-OpenSSL

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Petten
http://blog.flameeyes.eu/

Old 05-16-2008, 08:09 PM
Albert Zeyer

On Fri, 2008-05-16 at 11:19 -0500, Yuri Vasilevski wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I will be adding some debian build tools to the tree, and would like to
> create the debtools herd to associate with the packages.
>
> I'll be adding things like debhelper, lintian and a little
> bit later things like apt, aptitude, cdebootstrap, debian-live and some more.
> Also there is debootstrap with maintainer-needed@gentoo.org which I'd
> like to adopt.
>
> Any comments, sugestions and objections are more than welcome.
>
> Kindest regards,
> Yuri.

Please also add fakechroot (bug #202144).

Thanks,
Albert

Old 05-17-2008, 01:33 PM
Peter Volkov

В Птн, 16/05/2008 в 11:19 -0500, Yuri Vasilevski пишет:
> I'll be adding things like debhelper, lintian and a little
> bit later things like apt, aptitude, cdebootstrap, debian-live and
> some more.

If you ever will need lockdev ebuild, don't waste your time. Take it
here:

http://overlays.gentoo.org/dev/pva/browser/dev-libs/lockdev/

I needed it as I wanted to try schroot but after some attempts (without
much luck) and I've went with writing my own script to manage chroots.

Peter.

Old 05-20-2008, 06:56 AM
Natanael Copa

On Fri, 2008-05-16 at 20:06 +0200, Diego 'Flameeyes' Petten wrote:
> Yuri Vasilevski <yvasilev@gentoo.org> writes:
>
> > I will be adding some debian build tools to the tree, and would like to
> > create the debtools herd to associate with the packages.
>
> Just please don't add Debian-OpenSSL

actually, the ssh-keyvuln would be nice. see #221759

-nc

Old 05-20-2008, 09:03 AM
Christian Hoffmann

I will be adding some debian build tools to the tree, and would like to
create the debtools herd to associate with the packages.

Just please don't add Debian-OpenSSL

actually, the ssh-keyvuln would be nice. see #221759
Our security team is currently discussing this (or rather something
similar) on oss-sec with other distribution maintainers. It certainly is
a work in progress.

--
Christian Hoffmann

Old 05-21-2008, 12:00 AM
Luca Barbato

Peter Volkov wrote:

I'll be adding things like debhelper, lintian and a little
bit later things like apt, aptitude, cdebootstrap, debian-live and
some more.

If you ever will need lockdev ebuild, don't waste your time. Take it
here:

http://overlays.gentoo.org/dev/pva/browser/dev-libs/lockdev/

I needed it as I wanted to try schroot but after some attempts (without
much luck) and I've went with writing my own script to manage chroots.

did you publish it?

If works better than schroot maybe others could enjoy it ^^

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo Council Member