Old 05-10-2008, 07:36 AM
Fabian Groffen

Default RFC: lzma tarball usage

On 10-05-2008 03:32:08 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 May 2008, Fabian Groffen wrote:
> > m4, that one gave me some headaches, because lzma-utils required some
> > eautoreconf, which introduced a nice cycle.
>
> must have been a prefix-only bug as the version in the tree never did

Ehmm... you're right. Sorry about that.

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level

Old 05-10-2008, 09:57 AM
Mike Frysinger

On Saturday 10 May 2008, Fabian Groffen wrote:
> On 10-05-2008 03:32:08 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > On Wednesday 07 May 2008, Fabian Groffen wrote:
> > > m4, that one gave me some headaches, because lzma-utils required some
> > > eautoreconf, which introduced a nice cycle.
> >
> > must have been a prefix-only bug as the version in the tree never did
>
> Ehmm... you're right. Sorry about that.

ive added a comment to the ebuild so as to future proof me or anyone else
forgetting about this gotcha.
-mike

Old 05-17-2008, 03:55 PM
Enrico Weigelt

* Mart Raudsepp <leio@gentoo.org> schrieb:

<big_snip />

IMHO, lzma is far from being mature enough from being suited as
packaging format for production systems. And actually, I don't
see the benefit over well-approved tar+(gz|bz2).

So my vote is to NOT use it for gentoo source packages.

cu