Old 05-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Gilles Dartiguelongue

Default bindnow-flags going the way of the dodo

Le lundi 23 juillet 2007 à 01:24 -0400, Mike Frysinger a écrit :
> for people who maintain a package which utilizes bindnow-flags(), please feel
> free to modify the ebuild to no longer use this or append any such ldflags.
> the logic for handling set*id bindings is the business of the ldso (aka
> glibc), not for ebuilds.
>
> for example, if your ebuild does:
> inherit flag-o-matic
> append-ldflags $(bindnow-flags)
>
> the fix here is to simply delete those lines (assuming you're not using any
> other flag related functions of course).
> -mike

I guess that also means that patches appending such flags should be
dropped ?

In that case can we get an updated documentation ?
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/contribute/?part=1&chap=3

That will avoid you telling I'm stupid for not remembering something
that dates back 10 months ago (bug #218925 for the curious).
--
Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@gentoo.org>
Gentoo