Old 04-30-2008, 11:35 AM
"Denis Dupeyron"

Default New developer : Markus Duft (mduft)

It's my pleasure to introduce Markus Duft (mduft) as a new developer.
He will go among us under the name of mduft, and will work in the
Gentoo/Alt project porting Gentoo Prefix to Interix. Yes, people, that
means Gentoo on Win32.

Markus lives with his wife and daughter in Graz, Austria. He seems to
have many hobbies like reading fantasy novels, building
remote-controlled model planes, crashing remote-controlled model
planes, and last but not least, "playing good old board games" with
his wife. Err... Markus, we are a mature audience here, so no need to
call that "good old board games", OK ?

He shares an office at work with Michael Haubenwallner (haubi), who is
strangely also a member of the Gentoo/alt project.

Please everybody, give a very warm welcome to mduft.

Denis.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:58 AM
Fabian Groffen

On 30-04-2008 13:35:40 +0200, Denis Dupeyron wrote:
> It's my pleasure to introduce Markus Duft (mduft) as a new developer.
> He will go among us under the name of mduft, and will work in the
> Gentoo/Alt project porting Gentoo Prefix to Interix. Yes, people, that
> means Gentoo on Win32.

> Please everybody, give a very warm welcome to mduft.

Yay, at last someone in our team that has the right to "feel blue"

Welcome and enjoy!

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level

Old 04-30-2008, 11:59 AM
Gilles Dartiguelongue

Le mercredi 30 avril 2008 13:35 +0200, Denis Dupeyron a crit :
[snip]
> Please everybody, give a very warm welcome to mduft.

may I use a flamethrower for that ?

welcome Markus
--
Gilles Dartiguelongue <eva@gentoo.org>
Gentoo

Old 04-30-2008, 12:42 PM
"Duft Markus"

> It's my pleasure to introduce Markus Duft (mduft) as a new developer.
> He will go among us under the name of mduft, and will work in the
> Gentoo/Alt project porting Gentoo Prefix to Interix. Yes, people, that
> means Gentoo on Win32.

Hope this doesn't scare away people ;o) Did you have to blazen this out?

> Markus lives with his wife and daughter in Graz, Austria. He seems to
> have many hobbies like reading fantasy novels, building
> remote-controlled model planes, crashing remote-controlled model
> planes, and last but not least, "playing good old board games" with
> his wife. Err... Markus, we are a mature audience here, so no need to
> call that "good old board games", OK ?

Hehe, i feel misunderstood ...

> He shares an office at work with Michael Haubenwallner (haubi), who is
> strangely also a member of the Gentoo/alt project.
>
> Please everybody, give a very warm welcome to mduft.

Thanks ... @Gilles' flamethrower: i don't think that i like it _that_ hot, but i haven't tried

Cheers, Markus

> Denis.

���^�X�������&j)b� b�

Old 04-30-2008, 12:59 PM
Michael Haubenwallner

On Wed, 2008-04-30 at 13:35 +0200, Denis Dupeyron wrote:
> It's my pleasure to introduce Markus Duft (mduft) as a new developer.
> He will go among us under the name of mduft, and will work in the
> Gentoo/Alt project porting Gentoo Prefix to Interix. Yes, people, that
> means Gentoo on Win32.

Yes, today isn't April, the first (remember geNToo).
Heh - today is April, the last!

> Please everybody, give a very warm welcome to mduft.

Enjoy geVISToo

/haubi/
--
Michael Haubenwallner
Gentoo on a different level

Old 04-30-2008, 03:12 PM
Jim Ramsay

"Denis Dupeyron" <calchan@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Please everybody, give a very warm welcome to mduft.

Lay on, mduft,
And damn'd be him that first cries, 'Hold, enough!'

Exeunt, fighting.

--
Jim Ramsay
Gentoo/Linux Developer (rox,gkrellm)

Old 04-30-2008, 03:14 PM
Ferris McCormick

On Wed, 2008-04-30 at 11:12 -0400, Jim Ramsay wrote:
> "Denis Dupeyron" <calchan@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > Please everybody, give a very warm welcome to mduft.
>
> Lay on, mduft,
> And damn'd be him that first cries, 'Hold, enough!'
>
> Exeunt, fighting.

Nice. I wish I'd thought of that.

--
Ferris McCormick (P44646, MI) <fmccor@gentoo.org>
Developer, Gentoo Linux (Devrel, Sparc, Userrel, Trustees)

Old 04-30-2008, 04:51 PM
"Alon Bar-Lev"

On 4/30/08, Denis Dupeyron <calchan@gentoo.org> wrote:
> It's my pleasure to introduce Markus Duft (mduft) as a new developer.
> He will go among us under the name of mduft, and will work in the
> Gentoo/Alt project porting Gentoo Prefix to Interix. Yes, people, that
> means Gentoo on Win32.

Welcome!

I will love to see Windows support via cygwin and not commartial product.
Something like [1], [2].

Alon.

[1] http://gentoocygwin.sourceforge.net/
[2] http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Gentoo_on_Cygwin

Old 04-30-2008, 05:36 PM
Fabian Groffen

On 30-04-2008 19:51:42 +0300, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
> On 4/30/08, Denis Dupeyron <calchan@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > It's my pleasure to introduce Markus Duft (mduft) as a new developer.
> > He will go among us under the name of mduft, and will work in the
> > Gentoo/Alt project porting Gentoo Prefix to Interix. Yes, people, that
> > means Gentoo on Win32.
>
> Welcome!
>
> I will love to see Windows support via cygwin and not commartial product.
> Something like [1], [2].

Interix is free and these days bundled with Windwows, IIRC.

Why do you want it to run on Cygwin? (Honest question...)

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level

Old 04-30-2008, 05:44 PM
"Alon Bar-Lev"

On 4/30/08, Fabian Groffen <grobian@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On 30-04-2008 19:51:42 +0300, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
> > On 4/30/08, Denis Dupeyron <calchan@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > > It's my pleasure to introduce Markus Duft (mduft) as a new developer.
> > > He will go among us under the name of mduft, and will work in the
> > > Gentoo/Alt project porting Gentoo Prefix to Interix. Yes, people, that
> > > means Gentoo on Win32.
> >
> > Welcome!
> >
> > I will love to see Windows support via cygwin and not commartial product.
> > Something like [1], [2].
>

> Interix is free and these days bundled with Windwows, IIRC.

I couldn't understand it from [1], anyway the source is unavailable right?

> Why do you want it to run on Cygwin? (Honest question...)

It is the only project I know providing good support for POSIX Windows
platform while having Open Source license.

But if you are correct and a good POSIX layer is provided built-in in
Windows, I will be happy to see stage3 for Windows.

Alon.

[1] http://www.interix.com/products_services.htm