-   -   Suggest to specify a way to query for USEs in next council (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-development/706468-suggest-specify-way-query-uses-next-council.html)

Michał Górny 09-22-2012 08:37 PM

Suggest to specify a way to query for USEs in next council

On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 21:41:24 +0200
Pacho Ramos <pacho@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Hello
>
> This comes from:
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/gentoo/dev/260536
>
> In that one, we try to use the following:
> has vala ${IUSE//+/} && ! use vala && return 0

Just please stop repeating the random broken snippet and use `in_iuse`
from eutils.eclass. That one is correct at least.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny

Pacho Ramos 09-23-2012 07:38 AM

El sáb, 22-09-2012 a las 22:37 +0200, Michał Górny escribió:
> On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 21:41:24 +0200
> Pacho Ramos <pacho@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > This comes from:
> > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/gentoo/dev/260536
> >
> > In that one, we try to use the following:
> > has vala ${IUSE//+/} && ! use vala && return 0
>
> Just please stop repeating the random broken snippet and use `in_iuse`
> from eutils.eclass. That one is correct at least.

Sorry, I forget about it when I sent the message (was thinking most on
specifying the way to catch USEs by PMs and I referred to the command
used in some eclasses). Obviously, I would try to use function from
eutils.eclass :)

Brian Harring 09-25-2012 10:21 PM

On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 10:37:57PM +0200, Micha?? G??rny wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Sep 2012 21:41:24 +0200
> Pacho Ramos <pacho@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > This comes from:
> > http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/gentoo/dev/260536
> >
> > In that one, we try to use the following:
> > has vala ${IUSE//+/} && ! use vala && return 0
>
> Just please stop repeating the random broken snippet and use `in_iuse`
> from eutils.eclass. That one is correct at least.

Inline that function into EAPI. We shouldn't have basic metadata
lookup issues like that reliant on an eclass to resolve it.

Exporting IUSE_FLATTENED or whatever the hell would be more than
enough.

~harring