Old 09-17-2012, 05:56 AM
Peter Stuge

Default Lastrites: media-libs/gmyth, media-plugins/gst-plugins-mythtv, net-libs/libmonetra, dev-php/pecl-mcve, dev-vcs/svk, net-im/jabberd, net-p2p/sancho-bin, media-sound/xfi-drivers, app-misc/rio, media-sound/audtty, net-ftp/netkit-tftp, g

Ben de Groot wrote:
> On 16 September 2012 23:40, Peter Stuge <peter@stuge.se> wrote:
> > Pacho Ramos wrote:
> >> # Pacho Ramos <pacho@gentoo.org> (16 Sep 2012)
> >> # Upstream keeps inactive for ages and, then, it has broke again
> >> # now with gnutls-3 (#421385). Removal in a month.
> >> net-im/jabberd
> >
> > What about the 1.4 version? It depends on openssl, so maybe it
> > doesn't have the gnutls issue.
> >
> > I kinda like jabberd.
>
> So step up and take on maintainership of that package.

I would have, had I been a developer.

I still haven't finished the recruitment process. It requires so much
concentrated effort that it is a significant project which I can not
fit into my schedule without cutting into too many other things.

It's been that way for a few years now. Maybe something will change
in Prague.

//Peter

Old 09-17-2012, 09:02 AM
Peter Stuge

Ben de Groot wrote:

> >> So step up and take on maintainership of that package.
> >
> > I would have, had I been a developer.
>
> You don't have to be a developer:
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/proxy-maintainers/

And still be dependent on someone else?

No, that's not the reason I use Gentoo.

//Peter

Old 09-17-2012, 09:03 AM
Peter Stuge

Pacho Ramos wrote:

> I really doubt even oldest 1.4 version will have less unresolved bugs
> than current (already unmaintained and buggy) 1.6.x versions

Should you check that, before removing it?

//Peter

Old 09-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Peter Stuge

Rich Freeman wrote:
> Well, as a user there are only two ways to get or keep your
> favorite package in the tree:
..
> If your favorite package isn't in the tree you can:
..

I know all this, and I have my own overlay because I'm not a developer.

I was just saying that proxy-maintaining isn't relevant for me.

//Peter