Old 09-13-2012, 05:28 PM
Mike Frysinger

Default EAPI5: require ebuilds/eclasses to not use any vars/funcs prefixed with __

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 4:32 AM, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
>> It's nice to be able to do
>> local SANDBOX_WRITE=${SANDBOX_WRITE}
>> and then allow bash to restore the old value at the end of the
>> function, regardless of how it exits. It's not the end of the world
>> to lose this, but it would be a bit of a shame IMHO - having to do it
>> manually seems a little error-prone.
>
> Maybe we should just document the SANDBOX_* variables? Looks like the
> easiest solution to me.
>
> The problem with adding an option to addwrite is that eclasses would
> have to stick with the existing solution, or add a pointless case
> distinction. Otherwise it won't work for all EAPIs.

well, if you want to focus on the $now, then you're mostly correct.
however, as we've done in the past, it's generally pretty easy to
implement functionality in say eutils.eclass so that other places
don't have to worry about different EAPI code paths. then in the
$future, there is only the code provided by EAPI.
-mike