Old 08-18-2012, 03:38 AM
Mike Frysinger

Default x32 changing CHOST

people seem to be settling on x86_64-pc-linux-gnux32 as the default tuple, so
i'll be updating our profiles to use that by default. this shouldn't impact
anyone already running x32 as the existing tuple/ABI settings should continue
to work just fine (no plans to ever change that).
-mike

Old 08-31-2012, 06:19 PM
Mike Frysinger

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 11:38 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> people seem to be settling on x86_64-pc-linux-gnux32 as the default tuple, so
> i'll be updating our profiles to use that by default. this shouldn't impact
> anyone already running x32 as the existing tuple/ABI settings should continue
> to work just fine (no plans to ever change that).

i've finally gotten around to pushing this. i did an in-place upgrade
in my chroot and it worked fine.
-mike