Old 08-16-2012, 07:41 PM
Sergei Trofimovich

Default new tmpfiles-d.eclass (v2)

Second attempt to bring basic tmpfiles.d support to the tree.

The first one:
http://www.mail-archive.com/gentoo-dev@lists.gentoo.org/msg52059.html

Changed since:

- eclass tmpfilesd.eclass renamed to tmpfiles-d.eclass
- {do,new}tmpfilesd renamed to {do,new}tmpfiles_d
- systemd.eclass now uses tmpfiles-d.eclass as it was
the donor of one of functions:
systemd_dotmpfilesd() {
debug-print-function ${FUNCNAME} "${@}"

- (
- insinto /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/
- doins "${@}"
- )
+ dotmpfiles_d "${@}"
}

I've found only one user of systemd_dotmpfilesd:
media-sound/teamspeak-server-bin which can be just
converted to use shorter wrapper if needed.

And systemd ebuild does the same by hands (i guess
can be converted):
# Create /run/lock as required by new baselay/OpenRC compat.
insinto /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d
doins "${FILESDIR}"/gentoo-run.conf

--

Sergei

Old 08-16-2012, 07:53 PM
Michał Górny

On Thu, 16 Aug 2012 22:41:31 +0300
Sergei Trofimovich <slyfox@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Second attempt to bring basic tmpfiles.d support to the tree.
>
> The first one:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/gentoo-dev@lists.gentoo.org/msg52059.html
>
> Changed since:
>
> - eclass tmpfilesd.eclass renamed to tmpfiles-d.eclass
> - {do,new}tmpfilesd renamed to {do,new}tmpfiles_d

I'm still not convinced to dedicated eclass for it. Are we going to add
binfmt-d.eclass, modules-load-d.eclass and so on?

> - systemd.eclass now uses tmpfiles-d.eclass as it was
> the donor of one of functions:
> systemd_dotmpfilesd() {
> debug-print-function ${FUNCNAME} "${@}"
>
> - (
> - insinto /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d/
> - doins "${@}"
> - )
> + dotmpfiles_d "${@}"
> }
>
> I've found only one user of systemd_dotmpfilesd:
> media-sound/teamspeak-server-bin which can be just
> converted to use shorter wrapper if needed.
>
> And systemd ebuild does the same by hands (i guess
> can be converted):
> # Create /run/lock as required by new baselay/OpenRC compat.
> insinto /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d
> doins "${FILESDIR}"/gentoo-run.conf

That code probably happened before I added support to the eclass.
Nevermind it.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny