Old 08-09-2012, 02:55 AM
Peter Stuge

Default Last rites: app-text/epdfview

Samuli Suominen wrote:
> our mupdf package sucks wrt bugs 407805 and 407807

It's pretty clear that the latter is an upstream problem. Will you
fix it?

//Peter

Old 08-09-2012, 08:23 AM
Samuli Suominen

On 08/09/2012 05:55 AM, Peter Stuge wrote:

Samuli Suominen wrote:

our mupdf package sucks wrt bugs 407805 and 407807

It's pretty clear that the latter is an upstream problem.

We should patch it to build shared libs, with or without cooperation
from upstream.

> Will you fix it?

Absolutely, I didn't file the bug for nothing. It's there to remind me
until I do.

//Peter

Old 08-09-2012, 08:52 AM
Luca Barbato

On 08/07/2012 05:00 AM, heroxbd@gentoo.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@gentoo.org> writes:
>
>> # Andreas K. Huettel <dilfridge@gentoo.org> (7 Aug 2012)
>> # Many display bugs and compatibility problems, does not build with cups-1.6.
>> # Upstream is dead. There's no real way to support this anymore. Masked for
>> # removal in 30 days.
>> app-text/epdfview
>
> I remember when xpdf was removed, epdfview was recommended as a
> lightweight alternative. How about this time?

envision once hits portage, zathura with the proper plugin (remind me to
add the mupdf one)

I wonder why there isn't a gtk mupdf backed one yet.

lu