-   -   news item: upgrading to postfix-2.9 (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-development/684530-news-item-upgrading-postfix-2-9-a.html)

Michael Orlitzky 07-17-2012 02:49 PM

On 07/17/12 07:21, Eray Aslan wrote:
> On 07/17/2012 02:00 PM, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
>> It may be a small issue, but since the potential pain is quite large,
>
> Yes, that's the idea.
>
>> since postfix config file changes are usually
>> pretty hard to review for merges.
>
> Hmm, that's a failure on our part. >=postfix-2.9 ebuilds is better in
> this regard. Ideally, only readme_directory and html_directory settings
> should come up in dispatch.conf. If you are still having problems
> during upgrades in postfix-2.9.x versions, please let me know.

After changing these for years, I finally realized that the defaults are
correct:

# postconf -d readme_directory html_directory
readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.8.9/readme
html_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.8.9/html

Do we really need to include them in main.cf?

Philipp Riegger 07-17-2012 02:59 PM

news item: upgrading to postfix-2.9

After changing these for years, I finally realized that the defaults are
correct:

# postconf -d readme_directory html_directory
readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.8.9/readme
html_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.8.9/html

Do we really need to include them in main.cf?

It would be great to remove it from main.cf.

Also:
"home_mailbox" is set at the bottom of the file. Why not set it directly
below the examples for that parameter?

Philipp

Eray Aslan 07-17-2012 03:49 PM

On 07/17/2012 05:49 PM, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
> Do we really need to include them in main.cf?

Yes, as long as we want the docs under /usr/share/doc/${PF}/ - the
Gentoo norm. Alternative might be not to install the readme|html files
via the doc USE flag.

Not that I mind, but this is getting off-topic.
--
Eray Aslan <eras@gentoo.org>