Old 07-12-2012, 04:22 PM
Xavier Miller

Default Looking for a (temporary) proxy docdev for french documentation

Hello,

The french documentation is quite outdated, and this is not a good
"vitrine" to Gentoo for the French-speaking users.
By this outdated documentation, we get, in the french subforum and
#gentoofr IRC channel, many outdated questions about HAL, baselayout 1,
or CHOST changes...

I had contact with cam, who said there is nobody now in the FR doc team.

In the other side, there are some volunteers who can help to update the
official documentation.

We need thus an /ad interim/ proxy docdev to help us to merge the
patches for the documentation.

Meanwhile, I could follow the procedure to become a docdev.

Kind regards,
Xavier Miller.

Old 07-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Sven Vermeulen

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 06:22:31PM +0200, Xavier Miller wrote:
> The french documentation is quite outdated, and this is not a good
> "vitrine" to Gentoo for the French-speaking users.
> By this outdated documentation, we get, in the french subforum and
> #gentoofr IRC channel, many outdated questions about HAL, baselayout 1,
> or CHOST changes...
>
> I had contact with cam, who said there is nobody now in the FR doc team.
>
> In the other side, there are some volunteers who can help to update the
> official documentation.
>
> We need thus an /ad interim/ proxy docdev to help us to merge the
> patches for the documentation.
> Meanwhile, I could follow the procedure to become a docdev.

Hi Xavier,

You might want to take this to the gentoo-doc mailinglist. That being said,
I don't mind proxying commits for you guys. I'll contact you offlist for the
details.

Wkr,
Sven Vermeulen

Old 07-12-2012, 09:03 PM