-   -   Last rites for net-ftp/netkit-tftp (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-development/681329-last-rites-net-ftp-netkit-tftp.html)

Diego Elio Pettenò 07-08-2012 06:04 PM

Last rites for net-ftp/netkit-tftp

I just fixed a (reported) buffer overflow on it (not a security bug),
but the code is very bad and I'm expecting more issues in the future.

The ebuild wasn't bumped since 2008, the upstream FTP site is entirely
gone (there's no more the _domain_ of it), and net-ftp/tftp-hpa should
replace it in all ways.

So it'll be removed next month if there are no reasons to keep it around.

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
flameeyes@flameeyes.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/