Old 07-08-2012, 04:49 PM
Michael Mol

Default "maintainer needed" for app-emul/playonlinux

I filed bug 425330. Nothing special, I'm just a heavy user and
advocate of IPv6, and I figured I ought to file the bug locally so
that the Gentoo dev associated with it can run it up the flagpole to
upstream.

I just saw that it's now CC'd to "maintainer-needed". I don't like it
when packages I use lack at least an interested liason between Gentoo
and the package's upstream.

I'm not a Gentoo dev in any official sense. I've never been a package
maintainer for any distro. I've just been a Gentoo user for 2-3 years,
a Linux user for ten years, and a C++-on-Windows dev for the past five
years. But I'd be interested in giving it a shot.

What's the next step?

--
:wq

Old 07-08-2012, 04:53 PM
David Abbott

On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 12:49 PM, Michael Mol <mikemol@gmail.com> wrote:
> I filed bug 425330. Nothing special, I'm just a heavy user and
> advocate of IPv6, and I figured I ought to file the bug locally so
> that the Gentoo dev associated with it can run it up the flagpole to
> upstream.
>
> I just saw that it's now CC'd to "maintainer-needed". I don't like it
> when packages I use lack at least an interested liason between Gentoo
> and the package's upstream.
>
> I'm not a Gentoo dev in any official sense. I've never been a package
> maintainer for any distro. I've just been a Gentoo user for 2-3 years,
> a Linux user for ten years, and a C++-on-Windows dev for the past five
> years. But I'd be interested in giving it a shot.
>
> What's the next step?
>
> --
> :wq

Hi Michael,
You could contact the "Gentoo Proxy Maintaining Team"
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/proxy-maintainers/index.xml

HTH,
David

Old 07-08-2012, 05:02 PM
Michael Mol

On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 12:53 PM, David Abbott <dabbott@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 12:49 PM, Michael Mol <mikemol@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I filed bug 425330. Nothing special, I'm just a heavy user and
>> advocate of IPv6, and I figured I ought to file the bug locally so
>> that the Gentoo dev associated with it can run it up the flagpole to
>> upstream.
>>
>> I just saw that it's now CC'd to "maintainer-needed". I don't like it
>> when packages I use lack at least an interested liason between Gentoo
>> and the package's upstream.
>>
>> I'm not a Gentoo dev in any official sense. I've never been a package
>> maintainer for any distro. I've just been a Gentoo user for 2-3 years,
>> a Linux user for ten years, and a C++-on-Windows dev for the past five
>> years. But I'd be interested in giving it a shot.
>>
>> What's the next step?
>>

> Hi Michael,
> You could contact the "Gentoo Proxy Maintaining Team"
> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/proxy-maintainers/index.xml
>
> HTH,

That's what I needed to know, so yes. Contacted, thanks.

--
:wq