Alas poor loader, he keeps getting killed. newui has now been merged with master (on the newui branch)
We pushed the big red merge button today and another instance of loader
master is still fairly close to F17 and newui now has all the shiny new
noloader code on it. In order to make is easier for the final merge of
newui to master we should make sure master commits also go to newui.
Thanks to chris and dave and everyone else who helped out with the
merge. In the end it wasn't as painful as you would expect from:
188 files changed, 6003 insertions(+), 18269 deletions(-)
For future reference what I did was:
git co -b newui-merge
git merge master
This resulted in a stack of conflicts (and a larger stack of successful
merges). I tried a couple times to go through the conflicts myself or
with a little help on IRC but those ended up having things I missed or
picked the wrong side. What worked the best was to just fpaste the
conflicted file and take comments on IRC. Especially with storage there
were a few places where you needed some of the master side and some of
the newui side.
After a bit of cleanup from that I was able to use lorax to build an iso
and iterate between hitting errors and rebuilding or using updates.img
I'm still a bit worried about git picking the wrong thing to merge in
some places (eg. it dropped the setupPythonPath() call for some reason)
but in general it seems to be working and hopefully the final merge to
master will end up being a fast-forward.
Brian C. Lane | Anaconda Team | IRC: bcl #anaconda | Port Orchard, WA (PST8PDT)
Anaconda-devel-list mailing list
|All times are GMT. The time now is 04:52 PM.|
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.