Old 06-21-2012, 09:01 PM
Michał Górny

Default A friendly reminder: Ciaran McCreesh is not a Gentoo dev

Just a short note as it seems some confusion arises lately:

Ciaran McCreesh is not a Gentoo dev and his words don't represent
the position of Gentoo development team.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny

Old 06-22-2012, 01:46 AM
Homer Parker

On Thu, 2012-06-21 at 23:01 +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
> Just a short note as it seems some confusion arises lately:
>
> Ciaran McCreesh is not a Gentoo dev and his words don't represent
> the position of Gentoo development team.

Amen.

--
Homer Parker <hparker@gentoo.org>

Old 06-22-2012, 02:12 AM
Sylvain Alain

Amen to that too, but can you post the actual comments that he said ?

2012/6/21 Homer Parker <hparker@gentoo.org>

On Thu, 2012-06-21 at 23:01 +0200, Michał Górny wrote:

> Just a short note as it seems some confusion arises lately:

> Ciaran McCreesh is not a Gentoo dev and his words don't represent

> the position of Gentoo development team.

* * * *Amen.

--

Homer Parker <hparker@gentoo.org>

--
Salut
alp

Old 06-22-2012, 05:00 AM
Doug Goldstein

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 9:12 PM, Sylvain Alain <d2racing911@gmail.com> wrote:
> Amen to that too, but can you post the actual comments that he said ?
>

> 2012/6/21 Homer Parker <hparker@gentoo.org>
>>
>> On Thu, 2012-06-21 at 23:01 +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
>> > Just a short note as it seems some confusion arises lately:
>> >
>> > Ciaran McCreesh is not a Gentoo dev and his words don't represent
>> > the position of Gentoo development team.
>> >

>> * * * *Amen.
>>
>> --
>> Homer Parker <hparker@gentoo.org>
>

> --
> Salut
> alp
> Sylvain

Guys,

Let's act like adults here. Just because someone disagrees with you
doesn't mean they have something personally against you so there's no
reason to take it to that level. This thread should end right now in
the interest of civil discussion.

--
Doug Goldstein

Old 06-22-2012, 06:40 AM
Ciaran McCreesh

On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 23:01:15 +0200
Michał Górny <mgorny@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Just a short note as it seems some confusion arises lately:
>
> Ciaran McCreesh is not a Gentoo dev and his words don't represent
> the position of Gentoo development team.

Right. Doesn't that make me more important than you?

https://lwn.net/Articles/501815/

--
Ciaran McCreesh

Old 06-22-2012, 07:02 AM
"Andreas K. Huettel"

Am Freitag 22 Juni 2012, 04:12:48 schrieb Sylvain Alain:
> Amen to that too, but can you post the actual comments that he said ?

SMTP Error "552 Message too large"

--

Andreas K. Huettel
Gentoo Linux developer

Old 06-22-2012, 03:45 PM
George Prowse

Just a short note as it seems some confusion arises lately:

Ciaran McCreesh is not a Gentoo dev and his words don't represent
the position of Gentoo development team.

Right. Doesn't that make me more important than you?

https://lwn.net/Articles/501815/

To Exherbo? Probably

Old 06-23-2012, 07:33 AM
Rafael Goncalves Martins

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 3:40 AM, Ciaran McCreesh
<ciaran.mccreesh@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 23:01:15 +0200
> Michał Górny <mgorny@gentoo.org> wrote:
>> Just a short note as it seems some confusion arises lately:
>>
>> Ciaran McCreesh is not a Gentoo dev and his words don't represent
>> the position of Gentoo development team.
>
> Right. Doesn't that make me more important than you?
>
> https://lwn.net/Articles/501815/
>
> --
> Ciaran McCreesh

This thread is totally useless, but that lwn link made my day.

Thank you.

--
Rafael Goncalves Martins
Gentoo Linux developer