Old 06-21-2012, 12:09 PM
"Andreas K. Huettel"

Default Authorship of app-doc/pms

Dear all,
according to "git blame", this is the distribution of authorship across the
current git master of the pms tex source.

2 Pierre-Yves Aillet
5 Fernando J. Pereda
6 Mark Loeser
7 Richard Brown
8 Thomas Anderson
25 NotCommittedYet (???)
27 Bo Ørsted Andresen
28 Brian Harring
37 Michał Górny
197 David Leverton
557 Ulrich Müller
678 Stephen Bennett
694 Christian Faulhammer
1903 Ciaran McCreesh

Given that and my usual subtlety, I think the current title page misrepresents
contributorship, and would like to request that the following patch is applied
to branches master and eapi-5.

Best, Andreas

Old 06-21-2012, 12:46 PM
"Andreas K. Huettel"

> > Dear all,
> > according to "git blame", this is the distribution of authorship
> > across the current git master of the pms tex source.
>
> Not that I particularly mind either way, but your stats are way off due
> to reformatting. If you just use "git blame", someone who changes a
> to a em in a paragraph gets measured as writing that line and every
> line in the paragraph following it.
>
> If you're looking to change the authors list, I recommend doing so
> based upon asking people whether they think they should be on there, and
> adding anyone who says yes, rather than on bogus stats.

Well at least I added some data to undermine my request. Your turn now.

--
Andreas K. Huettel
Gentoo Linux developer

Old 06-21-2012, 12:53 PM
Ciaran McCreesh

On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 14:46:39 +0200
"Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > Not that I particularly mind either way, but your stats are way off
> > due to reformatting. If you just use "git blame", someone who
> > changes a to a em in a paragraph gets measured as writing that
> > line and every line in the paragraph following it.
> >
> > If you're looking to change the authors list, I recommend doing so
> > based upon asking people whether they think they should be on
> > there, and adding anyone who says yes, rather than on bogus stats.
>
> Well at least I added some data to undermine my request. Your turn
> now.

Oh, I think your request is fine, and your results are reasonable. I
just think letting anyone who can say with a straight face that they
should be there be there is a better measure than numbers that don't
tell you anything.

--
Ciaran McCreesh