while I was looking at various printing bugs, I came across the package net-
print/foomatic-filters-ppds. It claims to provide the non-ps-printer ppd's for
foomatic, but the last version is from 2008.
* foomatic-db (current) contains the same printers "unprocessed"
* there is no upstream tarball for foomatic-filters-ppds
* I cannot find any documentation how to update one from the other
* Debian only has a "metapackage" for foomatic-filters-ppds, which leads to an
installation of foomatic-db and foomatic-db-engine (both current)
Does anyone of you know what is going on here?
* is foomatic-filters-ppds obsoleted by "foomatic-db and foomatic-db-engine"?
* or should we make an updated tarball? how?
Any advice would be enormously appreciated.
Andreas K. Huettel
Gentoo Linux developer